Official Match Thread S18 R2 - Fighting Furies v Coney Island Warriors @ Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

FUR.jpg HOSTING
21491.jpg

There are a lot of similarities between these two sides and their starts to Season 18. Both came in as teams tipped to be simply 'making up the numbers', as a disappointing season from the Furies left much to be desired in Season 17 whilst the brand spanking new boys from Coney Island weren't expected to challenge for finals in their very first season in the business. Both teams managed to pull off fantastic victories despite the odds, with the plucky Furies seeing off the reigning premiers in the Dragons FFC whilst the Warriors outfit played outstandingly to fight off a hungry Bears side. One of these sides has the chance to shake off the underdog tag and enter Round 3 with an undefeated record - will the resurgent Furies begin the road to the finals where they belong, or will the exciting Warriors prove beyond doubt that they truly belong at this level of Qooty?
More preview to be added over the remainder of the evening, however I thought I'd get the threads out now before everyone self-implodes in anticipation. If you're from another Qooty side and F5ing frantically for your thread, rest assured you won't have to wait too long.

Tag Logger and include "Official Team Sheet" on your, well, official team sheet. Name the teams by 11:59PM AEST Friday night as always. Happy Qootying.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this all night Karny!!

Here it is! CARN the WARRIORS

SMASH THE SCUM

Oh this should be fun.

Hi crystalbreath how you been?

Good morning everyone it's such a lovely time here at Furie Town, population 30 very nice Gentlemen are about to have the Warriors come and playe-aye.

Bay 13 Warriors are gunna get cleaned up at the PRO's place.

Great write up Karnezis_13 P.s We beat the Dragons round 1

Wonders win will come a bit later.

Ah right it's time to give the freak show that is Coney Island a baptism of SFA fire. We are the most successful side in the SFA and in our 16th season its time to get in the heads of the new boys and bring them back to reality.

Good morning everyone it's such a lovely time here at Furie Town, population 30 very nice Gentlemen are about to have the Warriors come and playe-aye.

Bay 13 Warriors are gunna get cleaned up at the PRO's place.

Not many people going to your games i see?

We got 95,000 to our first round blockbuster

Not many people going to your games i see?

We got 95,000 to our first round blockbuster
Technically it was only 20 people. Your not meant to count every head. If that was the case they would get 2 million a game in tassie.

Good to see we have an extended preseason this year.

That's what happens when you get suspended.
Good luck trying to get into the ground this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what happens when you get suspended.
Good luck trying to get into the ground this week.

Oh did he get suspended?!

He can take my spot once I clean you up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back