1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't his first year,as he had a couple with West Coast, but Jason Heatley springs straight to mind for his 97 season,then nothing.

mark mcgoo (mcgough) or however you speel it. he was pretty much a two game wonder.
jason cloke as well, was good when he first played then crashed and burned.
patrick bowden was another one but it was liek his 4th year or so that was his good year then gooone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark 'Smirky' Dwyer.....10 Brownlow votes in 11 games in his first year (1986) with Fitzroy.
Played two more games for the 'roys in 1987, before going to the Saints in 1988 for one game before heading back to the bush.....Koroit - Hampden F.L.

I dunno if i'd call this a one year wonder, more a fall from grace, I guess. But Michael Gardiner was in sensational form late 02 through to mid 03, then he got that dreaded posterior cruciate against Port and the eagles season went from 12-3 to 13-9 i think it was. That was all Dean Cox needed, and if you ask me, Gardiner has never been the same since...

kozitsche (or however you spell it)

and he didn't even deserve the rising star that year anyway. daniel kerr had the best debut season i've seen (cousins and judd included).

Remove this Banner Ad

1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back