Coach “He’s simply getting on with the job of navigating a young group through the perils of inconsistency...”

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't destroy us, but over the next few years as Boak, Gray et al start to dramatically drop off in form or retire, we're going to have to replace them just to continue to tread water. If we want to actually push for a flag, we're going to have to improve significantly on that group.

We're probably a better chance in 2020 than we are in 2021-22-23, because of retirements and decline prior to any of our 1st and 2nd year players getting anywhere near their primes. And I don't think we're a chance at all in 2020 unless something significant changes. Shame for the likes of Boak and Gray, who should probably consider free agencying out to get a flag if they still have a burning desire to win one personally.
I think a few players are already replacing that quality. Considering gray hasn’t really done anything this year, watts isn’t playing, rotcliffe doesn’t dominate games and Motlop rarely plays a good game there’s only a few quality olds we have to replace
And I think burton dbj and Houston have taken that next step the last 2 years. I think Hayes has the potential to be a gun
Wines and Powell pepper with our draftees coming through the middle makes it pretty exciting I think

1596818411349.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back