Training 2025 Pre-Season (stalking allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2141173Not sure if stalking is allowed in here too (edit: just saw the thread title doh), but Darcy in the crowd at the MCG watching the runners finishing the Melb Mara yesterday. Misso took the photo (I was finishing too) but she wasn’t 100% sure of his name 😭
Good. I’m glad Darcy got to see that I put more effort than his teammates did all year 😤

Nice that the big Teak is away with a group of the lads. He’s been welcomed into the group quickly.
There was a lady in one of the supporter groups on Facebook who got a pic with Stephens and Teakle in Malta. It must have been weird for 2 blokes who could just about walk anonymously up Swanston St to get a selfie request in bloody Malta!

Last edited:
Even then for trained athletes that's pretty huge, you're talking 2+ years of bodybuilder gains without having to balance running
That's nonsense. I could grab a kid off of the street and get them to put on 3kg of muscle in 7 months.

These aren't kids off the street, they're the upper echelon of fitness.

That's nonsense. I could grab a kid off of the street and get them to put on 3kg of muscle in 7 months.

These aren't kids off the street, they're the upper echelon of fitness.
I agree. Especially if they haven’t done much in the way of a weights program before. Beginners are really sensitive to muscle growth/hypertrophy.

I think it would probably be tougher for AFL players to do given they will have already been in weights programs and all the running/aerobic stress of their training inpacts on their ability to recover and stack on muscle.

1 kilo or maybe 1% of their body weight could be gained per month in the lead up to the more aerobic style training in November then less per month after that.

We hear statements from various AFL players that they have put on 3-5 kg during pre-seasons every year - not all of it being lean muscle gains.

There was a lady in one of the supporter groups on Facebook who got a pic with Stephens and Teakle in Malta. It must have been weird for 2 blokes who could just about walk anonymously up Swanston St to get a selfie request in bloody Malta!

Hehe... Big X should be ashamed of himself for not joining the lads & choosing the homeland for his honeymoon... 2 birds, one stone! 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (stalking allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back