Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly but Carlton don’t have the biggest backline so they might just be happy with have Weaitering on Kozi and get him to bring it to ground

McGovern is the only other real big defender they have but he’s only like 190 odd
Dusty could potentially be the best match up for him
McGovern probably get matched to Cumbo so he can take 86 intercepts like every other team has been doing

can he make AA from here, enough rounds?
Was going to chuck a cheeky pineapple on him for the rising star

Only missed out by a year and one month

Really looking forward to seeing JB debut against the old foe Sunday...always great to have a highly motivated wild card in a grudge match! :D

It would be a miracle if we troubled them in any serious way, but it would be great to see Blight have a decent start. Certainly a baptism of fire v their tall forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure ... last week he had 18d and 9 marks while his opponent Skaife (also MSD) had 15d, 7 marks and 3.1

Marks and intercepts ... plays slow from the mark and disposes well ... with ground balls and anywhere he is rushed he butchers it

Hope he manages to adjust to the pace quickly because it could turn into a mare ... doesn't mean he won't improve and make it as a result though

It would be a miracle if we troubled them in any serious way, but it would be great to see Blight have a decent start. Certainly a baptism of fire v their tall forwards.

I reckon the Blues have weaknesses which don't align that well with our best possible day strengths, hoping for a strong showing. :thumbsu:

Yep, tough task on debut, hopefully the midfield can hold their end up, but he'll be so pumped - from the WAFL to debuting on the 'G within the space of weeks! :D

I reckon the Blues have weaknesses which don't align that well with our best possible day strengths, hoping for a strong showing. :thumbsu:

Yep, tough task on debut, hopefully the midfield can hold their end up, but he'll be so pumped - from the WAFL to debuting on the 'G within the space of weeks! :D
I expect at least an All-Australian performance on 2 of the softest players to ever grace the MCG.

Carlton portrait for Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay

1719620061263.png

I hope he makes it, not just because locking away a kpd position is good for the team, but because he seems driven and professional. I know we talk richmond man likes its a holy thing, but good culture is driven by professional good people who like to make others follow those standards and he seems like he has that in him, so him locking in a position would help new and younger players as they come in (considering what we lost in Lambert and cotchin)

Did he work as a teacher I read somewhere? So he would have helping younger players be better in him hopefully.

Perhaps people won’t like this comparison but he reminds me a bit of Steven may the way he goes about it and his high confidence levels ….. here’s hoping for a good debut and a great career!

Think we have found one just quietly
Only half way through his afl game but shown enough to sign him up for a couple of years
Has made a couple of mistakes but has gone unpunished so far
Showing he is a real defender hope the kid keeps it up and for his 1st game at this level coming from WAFL is doing extremely well. allowing Balta to play foward

Will get better and Perfect Astbury replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back