Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t all this a bit academic?

Life expectancy for the average Australian male is about 80… I’m about halfway…

I don’t expect to see a living Premiership.

View attachment 1517217

Just got halfway this year. Don't think I've ever been as down - outside of GF losses - as I am today. I just want one. I want to be in the stands in that last quarter knowing that we are winning one.

Just got halfway this year. Don't think I've ever been as down - outside of GF losses - as I am today. I just want one. I want to be in the stands in that last quarter knowing that we are winning one.
The only way we’re gonna be in the stands for one is in an urn, homie.

486DC50D-E5AE-4C1D-919F-D6BBE84CAF54.jpeg

Hell I’ll take being in the stands after the game knowing we’ve won, even if it’s by a point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hell I’ll take being in the stands after the game knowing we’ve won, even if it’s by a point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
CF37EC0C-D642-405D-BE1D-A609A0ECFB94.gif

Seriously though… there’s more chance of me having a coke-fueled orgy with a bunch of lingerie models on top of a pile of money, than there is of us winning a flag in the next 20 years.

Hill didn't improve his trade value in the GF sprint, he started well and then gave up at halfway.

Sums up his career, starts well to earn the big coin then coasts before looking for another payday.

He's played us like a fiddle, we need to trade him for whatever he can get, he's an old style conman.

I can’t believe how much of this thread is taken up by the De Goey discussion compared to the Bowes-Pick 7 discussion. The fact we have Ben Long who also wants to go TO the Suns must have us right up there in that discussion.

The idea we could get a talented player and pick 7 for pretty much just eating up some salary? Insanely good offer, it would be better than North’s assistance package lol.

I’d want the club to pay that wage even if it was proposed as a tax to simply to get access to pick 7.
Just goes to show how good of a player he actually is and how much we really need an X factor player that he can produce.

Honestly a bit depressed about seeing how far off we still are after today..... Well that could be all the wine but **** it feels a bit Sisyphean at the moment. We are probably 3 or 4 years away off challenging and then we need luck and a whole lot of shit to go right to get beyond that. I feel like a marathon runner that thought the finish line was around the corner and rounding it we see a very long winding hill stage.

Seriously though… there’s more chance of me having a coke-fueled orgy with a bunch of lingerie models on top of a pile of money, than there is of us winning a flag in the next 20 years.

You need to join the Melbourne Club and put all that tweed to good use. That's a Friday night.

Honestly a bit depressed about seeing how far off we still are after today..... Well that could be all the wine but * it feels a bit Sisyphean at the moment. We are probably 3 or 4 years away off challenging and then we need luck and a whole lot of s**t to go right to get beyond that. I feel like a marathon runner that thought the finish line was around the corner and rounding it we see a very long winding hill stage.
Yeah
I think we go backwards for a year or two at the best stay at tenth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see us being 3-4 years away from contending considering we have **** all youth coming through - this current crop; Steele, Membrey, Marshall, Crouch, Wilkie etc are it. This is the group that HAS to be there for us to win one. The improvement won't come from those guys, it has to be players like King, Clark, Coffield, Battle, Windy, Owens, Higgins etc that really improve and bridge the gap.

Seems like a long way off but in saying all that sides like Collingwood have shown you don't need all the talent in the world to compete. You need complete buy in from your entire football program and being aligned in what you want to accomplish. 100% effort, 100% of the time is all you can ask. But how do the coaches and leaders ignite the spark to get the most out of each other...

Honestly a bit depressed about seeing how far off we still are after today..... Well that could be all the wine but * it feels a bit Sisyphean at the moment. We are probably 3 or 4 years away off challenging and then we need luck and a whole lot of s**t to go right to get beyond that. I feel like a marathon runner that thought the finish line was around the corner and rounding it we see a very long winding hill stage.
Sisyphean, that's the word of the day for me..

Sisphyean
  1. denoting or relating to a task that can never be completed.
    "the pursuit of perfection is a Sisyphean task"

You need to join the Melbourne Club and put all that tweed to good use. That's a Friday night.
Never liked the place. Too wanky, even for me.

Plus I don’t drink anymore, and you can’t enjoy that kid of place sober.

Hill didn't improve his trade value in the GF sprint, he started well and then gave up at halfway.

Sums up his career, starts well to earn the big coin then coasts before looking for another payday.

He's played us like a fiddle, we need to trade him for whatever he can get, he's an old style conman.

I didn't see the sprint.

WTF didn't we put Peris out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back