Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He is developing well. I’d expect a 1 year extension. They will base that in some good pre-season form and then how he dedicates himself to rehab.
I would extend him for another year based on his WAFL performance this weekend alone. Clearly has AFL-level attributes, was the classiest player by some margin.

Another reason that we have got off to a terrific start is our injury list. I can't remember it being as low as it is with Fyfe, Johnson and now Western on the sidelines. A lot of the time in the past we had huge injury lists and it cost us dearly on game day and was a 80% contributing factor of us winning games, never being able to put our best cohesive team like we can now plus with that, having a healthy competition for spots.
Obviously the changes they have made this year is working and hopefully it will continue to do so giving us every chance of being successful.
Unfortunately our hands are tied with covid and you would think the players are doing everything they can to stay covid-free, just look at the weevils and what it has done to their season

Western joins Fyfe with the the dreaded TBA
Sturt and Schultz the scary test
Johnson given a proper timeframe

It's awesome that Sturt is a "test" but I can confidently say he won't play this weekend. I don't think he'd have the match "touch" and it would be too much of a risk in such a vital game. Maaaaaybe as a last resort if the sergeant doesn't get up. Fyfe TBA is a massive bummer =( Banfield

A flush run hey?
Boy I have had to do a few of those in my time after eating some dodgy leftovers from the fridge. Can't see Schultz playing this week

Is it really true that Perth Glory are decimated by injury? If so could it be that Jason Weber has actually cost our club more than we could reasonably comprehend?

Consider how long he was at the club...

Is it really true that Perth Glory are decimated by injury? If so could it be that Jason Weber has actually cost our club more than we could reasonably comprehend?

Yes and decimated is an understatement.

You think of what the Lions have been able to do to fix up players like McCarthy, Daniher, Cockatoo who were chronically injured at their other clubs, then you think about the management of injuries to Apeness, Mora even Fyfe. How many games and finals games did we lose due to not having enough players to choose from? Makes you wonder.

That would mean there isn't tendon damage.
Correct. Also sounds like the game day tests suspected a worse outcome and the scans came back better than expected. Bell said they are now seeking orthopaedic surgeon opinion on best treatment.

No mention of Hamling in the injury report so from where we were on Fri things aren’t as bad as expected. The way the West Australian were talking about Hamling knee injury it sounded bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson is 3 or 4 weeks away from being fully fit.

Saying that, he ain't gonna get a dockers debut game until after the bye

Add Connor Blakely to the list, he has entered HS protocols

Seems with the club locked down pretty tight, the WAFL is going to be our biggest risk of Covid outbreaks

Young, Chappy, Henry, and Johnson have entered iso as well.

Well duggeration!!! Am I NEVER to be consoled for that god-awful soul-deflating teeth-gnashing travesty of a match outcome August 2020???

For me Young was one of our Saturday trump cards, and Chappy at his best helping us win too. I'm................

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back