Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting question and comment in Nicks presser this afternoon when he was asked about 'chemistry' with the defenders?

Nicks said 'should be ok, Borlase, Keane and Nankervis have been playing together all year'. Forgot to mention Worrell who only got elevated when Doedee did his ACL.

And then we have Michalanney, first year player.

Milera and Smith our only defenders with any experience.

Strange days.

Milera and Smith aren't defenders, but I get the point.

Yeah resting Pedlar was the easy way to get Rachelle back in rather than drop Sloane and Murphy who did less. And I can assure you Soligo will be dropped to sub so that both Murphy and Sloane play .Can see we are going to lose one or some of these talented kids like Cook . Berry etc whilst we give Sloane another contract and play non talented players likeMurphy and McHenry.
Sloane, Murphy and McHenry all better players than Berry at this stage, Still a chance for finals so ya put your best players out there. We've had enough ins and outs lately with injurys. Berry ain't anything special anyway. Crouch playing well means he's not forcing his way in.

Yeah I saw a better angle. Appears to grab his utensils.

Reminds me of Joel Selwood clearly eye gouging Riley Knight and it not even being looked at. I'm sure the MRO misses a lot of these incidents, particularly when they involve "star" players like the Selwood
Fancy though ...going on radio and self incriminating yourself

Touk would not have been suspended, if not for admitting guilt in the radio interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eleni is just bad rather than bias. We’ll get a few terrible calls against us but we’ll all get them our way too. Honestly prefer her to about half a dozen others.
Never worry too much re umps at home games

Almost give up any chance of winning at mcg though due to umps

A bit against the grain but I reckon the least biased ump in comp is Ray chamberlain , I never feel like he will stooge us

Stevic and Nichols my 2 worst

There has been big improvement in Keays kicking this year - in that he is doing it less. Handballs off a lot more or goes a short 15-20 pass to a better kick. And we have an abundance of those in the back half to utilise him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The stats are indicating ....a lot of the inside MIDS are handballing far more this year ......By God, it's frustrating

Modern footy isn’t it

Attacking guys play at half back these days and defensive guys play at half forward

How it has changed over the years
That said .....there's a trend, caused by faster ball movement, towards more one on one defence .....over team defence

The ball is coming down to the fwds much quicker

IN: Borlase, Rachele

OUT: Pedlar (managed), Butts (injured), Sloane (sub)

RND-21-Instagram-Lineup-1080x1350-.png

I feel Sloane will probably remain as the sub for the remainder 4 games.

doubtful, we've got Pedlar and Rankine back over the next 2 weeks and can't see any further rests. That's 2 players that need to drop out of the 22 into the SANFL to keep Sloane as sub.

What's ridiculous is that for his 250th he was going so well and was so important to performance that he started in the centre square. 1 week later he's back starting on the bench and the week after dropped to sub. Gifting him a non-performance based ceremonial role in a must win game was hubris and it speaks to the overarching culture of our club. A home game we lost to a side below us at the time that potentially costs us a finals spot. We put Rory ahead of everyone else, hopefully never again and he's played his ladt game.

Eleni is just bad rather than bias. We’ll get a few terrible calls against us but we’ll all get them our way too. Honestly prefer her to about half a dozen others.
She Can't make a decision, all she does is yell ( PLAY ON ) AFL still playing the public relations card

Remove this Banner Ad

Back