Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn. Similar to the Crows first for our 2nd, it will likely be a 1-10 pick upgrade.

Expecting we are going to trade it out again... Otherwise can cheer for Cats to fall...

Talk of trading for Fyfe reminds me of an ex-alcoholic saying they might just have a little shandy.

The Club made clear last year that we were going to rebuild from the ground up. No short cuts. Getting in Fyfe for high value draft picks (and losing Gibbs) would be an abandonment of our slowly, slowly rebuild policy. Fyfe would be coming into a side no way near ready to be top 4. We don't have a forward line. Our tall backs still need years to settle. Our wings and half-forwards are anonymous. We would be a joke.

Poor minds and desp[erados use analogy and metap[hor toi bolster up weak thinking....

We have lost Gibbs and we have the currency and a tiny chance to replace him with someone many times better - otherwise dont expect a draftee to step in and provide meaningful support for Cripps who has had to play a lone hand far too often in the clinches old chap.

Smedts and future first for Tuohy and future second

Assuming Smedts is a total anchor who never plays again, this is Tuohy for a pick bump next year of probably 4-8 places? Eg. Pick 19-22 for pick 14-18?

Id reckon we will on trade this pick to GWS for Marchbank et al. So Smedts,Marchbank, Pickett and maybe 1 other for Touhy and next years 2nd round pick...

Im happy with that.

I can see all of Sydney, GWS, Bulldogs, Adelaide, Melbourne and St Kilda finishing ahead of Geelong. It'll be a watershed year with them losing Enright and Bartel.

Perhaps we hang on to the 1st rounder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we on-trade the Geelong pick to GWS, this deal probably ends up being Tuohy and a future second rounder for Marchbank, Pickett, Smedts and hopefully another GWS boy (Kennedy would be ideal).

I'm fairly happy with that.

You rate him a bit Kingy? Not being facetious, genuinely interested as I know nothing about him save for some of the less than complementary posts around here.
i think he is a solid footballer that the Cats only really played on flanks and i think he could progress in to a solid midfielder. He turns 25 half way through next year, so he is coming in to his prime. Former first round pick and i think Bolts will give him a chance to prove his worth more consistently than he got at Geelong.

Really happy with that deal. Tuohy wanted to leave and will be 28 at start of next season and now we have another first round pick to help with the rebuild.

#letsdothis

That's a crap deal.

You guys do realise Geelongs 1st rounder next year most likely will be pick 17 or 18 and our second round pick going back will most likely be pick 19 or 20. Into the bargain we get another list clogger.
The only way this deal suits is if we on trade it to gws for the Marchbank deal.
For 2e we should have sent back our 3rd rounder not our second and left smedts for someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back