Remove this Banner Ad

blues^rock

Club Legend
Veteran SFA Mobbs Medal
Nov 29, 2000
Melbourne, (carlton)
Other Teams
Carlton
That was the worst match i have ever seen!!!
wll maybe not the worst but of them!!!
we played like crap, collingwood played like crap and somehow bloth teams managed to score more than 5 points!!!
ok maybe i'm exggerating a little bit but it was pretty horrible
it looked like the pies had three extra players...no wait they did their called umpires!!!
we should've got so many more free kicks but i'm not gonna blame it on the white maggots/magpies whatever u wanna call 'em
well i don't usually get this angry after a match but that was a shocker well there isn't anythikng we can do now except sit back and wait and see what happens next week...hopefully we'll do something!!!!:mad:
*sigh*
life goes on...unfortunately

It's wasn't that bad a game. We just couldn't find our rhythm. While I do not want to make excuses, the umpiring was poor and we definitely copped the worst of it.

Porter was a huge positive again. Kouta in the centre was brilliant. Collingwood stopped as if shot and needed a little assistance to steady in the end.

http://olddarknavys.com

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's
It's wasn't that bad a game. We just couldn't find our rhythm. While I do not want to make excuses, the umpiring was poor and we definitely copped the worst of it.

Porter was a huge positive again. Kouta in the centre was brilliant. Collingwood stopped as if shot and needed a little assistance to steady in the end.

http://olddarknavys.com

After losing to the Crows and now Collingwood you must be a little worried though

The second string players such as Freeborn and Franchina etc don't seem to be playing as well this year.

melbourne1

dark-blue ] I actually found the game quite enjoyable, besides the end result of course.
The umpires were shocking, definitely, but that's no excuse.
A positive was that we came back from about 30 points down, to lead by 3 halfway through the 4th quarter, but just let it fall apart at the end.
It just shows how much we need SOS. I mean for God's sake, Anthony Rocca hasn't played a good game in 3 years, and then he goes and kicks 6 goals against us :mad:

ok, so maybe i was exaggerating a little bit when i said it was the worst game ever...
the first half of teh last quarter was good i'll admit taht i was on my feet screaming and i was thinking- if we win this it mught just be better than the essendon game
but it wasn't!!!
maybe tahts y i hated it so much, because we had a chance but we didn't take advantage of it
but you've got to agree both teams made some pretty bad mistakes!
anyway doesn't matter, teh past is the past and there's nothing we can do about that...yet
anyway i'm kinda happy coz my teacher is a pies supporter but he's no good at teasing and whenever he tries he stuffs up so i guess i won somewhere... anyway i'll shut up now

Originally posted by Jars458

After losing to the Crows and now Collingwood you must be a little worried though

The second string players such as Freeborn and Franchina etc don't seem to be playing as well this year.

The lack of system bothers me but I can see we still have the ability. Our lineup has not been very settled and players are playing roles they are not accustomed to yet. Kouta is getting better. Porter is THE ruckman of the moment. Freeborn is doing his job. He'll never be a star, just a solid player. Franchina played his first senior game of the year so he needs time. Christou is close to a recall. Wiggins is starring in the twos. The Crows game was played in bad conditions and the Pies game....well, we were less than favoured by the men in white. Doesn't change the fact that we were struggling for most of the match but the positive is that even though we were down, we showed that we can make changes to find ways to win (or nearly win).

OldDarkNavys.com

Must be frustrating receiving 6 free kicks in the Forward 50 as opposed to the opposition receiving 0. Damn umpires.:confused:

Originally posted by OutKast
Must be frustrating receiving 6 free kicks in the Forward 50 as opposed to the opposition receiving 0. Damn umpires.:confused:

Precisely!

I loved Ratten's free kick in the forward line when he grabbed Steinfort's arm prior to him picking the ball up and then Ratten gets a free cause Steiner couldn't dispose of the ball correctly. THAT'S CAUSE IT WAS HOLDING THE MAN TO START WITH YOU FRIGGEN MAGGOTS!!!!!!!

You got the better of the umpires and we still won.

And you Carlton supporters really need to redefine in your minds what a mark is! The amount of times I heard "That's a mark!?" was hillarious, given that they were blatent drops.

We outplayed you. We are on the way up. You are on the way down. Get used to it!

OK it might just be me, but i didn't think collingwood played very well at all
if this is wht they call "going up" then they must've been WAY DOWN!
i'm not trying to offend anyone here, it's jsut what i think, maybe i jsut don't knwo enough but to let us get back from 32 down playing the way we did?
i dunno it jsut seems like they are making a bigger deal of it than they should!
i agree we aren't as good as we were last year, but you can't get MUCH better than we were for the majority of last year
but yeah i just wanna know f anyone else thought collingwood played crap?

Originally posted by FIGJAM

Precisely!

I loved Ratten's free kick in the forward line when he grabbed Steinfort's arm prior to him picking the ball up and then Ratten gets a free cause Steiner couldn't dispose of the ball correctly. THAT'S CAUSE IT WAS HOLDING THE MAN TO START WITH YOU FRIGGEN MAGGOTS!!!!!!!

You got the better of the umpires and we still won.

And you Carlton supporters really need to redefine in your minds what a mark is! The amount of times I heard "That's a mark!?" was hillarious, given that they were blatent drops.

We outplayed you. We are on the way up. You are on the way down. Get used to it!

Of course, everybody at the game had the benefit of several slow motion replays and expert opinion to back them up too. Go ahead, break the game down into crucial decisions and come back to me. Again I'll say it, the number of free kicks awarded does not necessarily reflect the validity of the decisions.

Typical Magpie arrogance. Bloody protected species my ass! You buggers can comfortably breed, swoop on unsuspecting people and they can't touch you. Bugger that for a joke, it's about time we started taking potshots while nobody is watching!

OldDarkNavys.com

Agreed blues_rock we were not at our best. But you gotta wonder what that says about your club, falling 6 goals down to a team that you so elequently stated as "crap"? I think it is a good sign for a club to win games when they are playing well below their best.
There is almost an ounce of sympathy for you Carlton fans from me, as against Richmond we did exactly what you did, played woeful for 3 quarters then almost pinched it. I do say almost though because really what true Collingwood fan would give a s**t about Carlton supporters.:D

I know Carlon did not play well in taht game either, but it just seems to me like evrybody is saying how WELL collingwood played, but i didn't see them play that well at all! i didn;t say collingwood were crap, and if i did i'll rephrase that, i think they didn't play well on the day, they obviously played better than us, slightly, otherwise they wouldn't have won but i don't think they played as well as everyone else seems to think they did!
how many times do i have to say it before ppl understand what i mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back