Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:

I really hope there hasn't been any downgrading of charges.

Manslaughter has become the new black in the last decade with some cases.

There's got to be a way that murder can stick if someone causes too much damage to a body or completely disposes of it in a way that they would cop 6-10 years because the intent can't be proved.

I'm assuming this is what is trial ploy is.

There's got to be a way that murder can stick if someone causes too much damage to a body or completely disposes of it in a way that they would cop 6-10 years because the intent can't be proved.

I'm assuming this is what is trial ploy is.

If intent can't be be proved, it isn't murder. Murder is to intentionally cause death. That is, the moments before a death, not after.

Happy to say I have no idea of the current set ups in the prosecutorial branch but I'm reminded of the US system where convictions are more important than outcome

ie plea bargaining an outcome that sees a ''win'' recorded for the prosecution but leaves the families feeling disappointed

Is that a consideration for the DPP in Victoria/Australia ?

Happy to say I have no idea of the current set ups in the prosecutorial branch but I'm reminded of the US system where convictions are more important than outcome

ie plea bargaining an outcome that sees a ''win'' recorded for the prosecution but leaves the families feeling disappointed

Is that a consideration for the DPP in Victoria/Australia ?

Look at the Borce Ristevski case. Despite it being a case of a domestic violence killing his representation was able to agree manslaughter in that case in lieu of a trial. Even after his attempts at concealing the crime. I'm not sure the family of Karen Ristevski would have viewed that as a win for justice.

Look at the Borce Ristevski case. Despite it being a case of a domestic violence killing his representation was able to agree manslaughter in that case in lieu of a trial. Even after his attempts at concealing the crime. I'm not sure the family of Karen Ristevski would have viewed that as a win for justice.
Courts don't impliment "Justice" (whatever that means)

Courts hear the evidence presented before it and pass a judgement based on the evidence and arguement provided with reference to legislation, precedent and case law.

Many may agree with your view of this matter but for a murder charge to stick, it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt that the accused's actions were either with an intention to kill or an intention to inflict grievous bodily harm upon the Victim.

If that is not proven the Court must find the accused not guilty and they walk

If, in the judgement of the Court or the Prosecution. there is a possibility that the evidence that can be presented leaves a possibility of a person being aquitted on the reasonable doubt grounds, they may downgrade the charges or entertain a plea to a lesser charge to secure a conviction

I know it doesn't satisfy the concept of "Justice" to many people but a punishment imposed is better that someone walking free to the charge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If jurors do not find Lynn guilty of murder, they may deliberate on whether he is guilty on an alternative charge of manslaughter for each of the victims.
Both sides will open their cases on Friday morning.
Lynn is represented by top defence barrister Dermot Dann KC and the Crown's prosecutor is Daniel Porceddu.
Justice Michael Croucher told jurors prosecutors would allege Lynn killed Ms Clay, 73, and Mr Hill, 74, while they were camping at Bucks Camp in the Wonnangatta Valley.
He said Lynn was working as an airline captain for Jetstar at the time of the alleged murders.
"It will be alleged Mr Lynn shot Ms Clay in the head, as a result killing her, and that Mr Lynn killed Mr Hill," he told the jury.
"These events are alleged to have occurred on 20 March, 2020."
The judge told the jurors they cannot consume any media on the case and could only make their decision based on the facts presented to them during the trial.
"It's your role, as the jury, to consider the evidence and decide what the facts are in this case," Justice Croucher said.
"Your duty is to consider this case with your head and not your heart."
He warned them they could face criminal charges if they conducted their own research about the trial."

Main things I am thinking about in this case, how do they know she was shot? Have they found her skull?
Did he confess to where the bodies are?
My uneducated guess in the delay was due to his long interview, around 3 days from memory? They were trying to get his interview struck out for whatever legal reason?
Prosecution outline their case tomorrow morning should be interesting.

Main things I am thinking about in this case, how do they know she was shot? Have they found her skull?
Did he confess to where the bodies are?
My uneducated guess in the delay was due to his long interview, around 3 days from memory? They were trying to get his interview struck out for whatever legal reason?
Prosecution outline their case tomorrow morning should be interesting.
They found a skull fragment at the scene, so maybe they could tell from that.

Back