Windows 11

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a few changes for the sake of changing, like extra button click just to rename a folder etc. And the windows start menu placement. (Although you can align it to the left in the end)

I also really like tabs for Windows like file explorer. This should have been done ages ago!

But it’s otherwise close to Windows 10 minus HDR and TPM security version requirement.

Ever since I installed Windows 11 around 9 months ago I have had a series of anoying glitches. Firstly I had a printer problem which I suspect was a driver issue as my laser printer is around 10 years old and the manufacturer has not produced a W11 driver for the model I use. On the occasions that I have had an issue with printing running the printer trouble shooter has done the trick. The issue has resolved itself of late so I assume that one of the Windows 11 updates has had a fix in it.

More recently I had an issue with the keyboard. I was getting a series of letters viz ffffffffffffffff and the fault was quite spasmodic. I looked on line and solved the issue by uninstalling then re installing the keyboard. As with the printer the problem appears to have been resolved.

I never had an issue in Windows 10 and these issues are a bit too much to put down to coincidence.

I'm experiencing slow file transfer speeds on Windows 11 regardless if it's an SSD or external mechanical hdd the max speed is 24 mb/s. Super annoying when wanting to copy TB's worth of data around lol.

Would have been easier doing this on Windows 10!!

What troubleshooting have you done to determine it’s a Win11 issue?

Are you transferring to and from internal or external drives?

You do realise that Win11 is still basically Win 10 at the core don’t you?

Things I’d suggest are updating your mobo BIOS.

Making sure all your hardware drivers are up to date.

Maybe a mobo factory reset and a clean windows install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What troubleshooting have you done to determine it’s a Win11 issue?

Are you transferring to and from internal or external drives?

You do realise that Win11 is still basically Win 10 at the core don’t you?

Things I’d suggest are updating your mobo BIOS.

Making sure all your hardware drivers are up to date.

Maybe a mobo factory reset and a clean windows install.

I'm primarily trying to copy from the internal SSD to an external HDD (usb 3.0).

At first I thought it was the external hdd itself (being in the wrong file format), but it's not isolated to just that external drive... I tested it with others and there were slow speeds across the board.

Still investigating and trying the suggested "fixes" on youtube, thus far I've boosted it up to 50mb/s but it's not a constant. Other tweaks I have done, have seen the speed about what it should (100mb/s-150mb/s) as the transfer starts, but then it drops down and down and down. I'd tolerate 60mb/s if I could get it up to that, it's so slow otherwise haha.

Some of the bios suggestions I read were more for older systems, but I'll check to see if I can update the bios and see what happens.

It could also be the controller on the external drive. You’re never gonna get amazing speeds transferring to external drives

It could also be the controller on the external drive. You’re never gonna get amazing speeds transferring to external drives

Not celebrating just yet........... but a bios update + disabling a usb setting MIGHT have done the trick!!
While it fluctuates down to 20mb/s occasionally, I'm much more happier at the more consistent 60-250mb/s speeds!
Love seeing a 4K movie take 9 minutes or less to copy over instead of 1+ hour haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back