westar

Remove this Banner Ad

tom_gamble

Rookie
Jan 4, 2000
Australia
hi,

i'm really disappointed at how the westar rules competition always attracts very low crowds. i go along to almost all of subiaco's games-home or away-and it's amazing lookinjg at how small the crowd is. i encourage all west aussies to get along to some westar games in seaso 2000 and see some great footy.

tom_gamble www.westcoasteagles.8m.com

Yes, it is disappointing to see how the crowds have diminished since the AFL teams started up, but understandable given that many people can't spare the time or money to go to local and AFL games the same week, and that people prefer to watch the AFL telecasts.

Mind you, crowds of around 2000 are still bigger than you get to many days of Sheffield Shield (oops - Pura Milk Cup) play. In a way the 'second tier' leagues like Westar, VFL and SANFL are a bit like the Interstate cricket - development competitions with a high standard of play, but hardly watched by anyone.

well said... i go to Claremont games... home and away... and me and my friends have found the same thing..

I wish that there was some way that someone could get higher crowds... i was thinking more advertising... then me and my friends were thinking maybe a battle of the codes like they do with other sporting teams... but against clubs... maybe that will attract more intrerests

Ali

Look, I'm an Eagles member, and never miss a game. I rearrange my schedule around our games. I am also a Swan Districts fan, and am interested in how the 'baby Eagles' are playing, but physically can't get to the games.
How about having a game (or two) before each WC home game? If my brothers school is playing the curtain raiser, or it is a match I want to see, I go early. If they played Westar games prior to AFL games, maybe more people would get interested and the crowds would get bigger.....

Just a thought.

That's a good idea they do sometimes play colts games before the gaem.... but mabe if they do play aleague or reserves game it might be a better brand of footy...

How long have you been following Swan Disricts?? Can you give me any info on Adam Hunter or Bernard Carney?

I wish Westar got more support!!! It should be advertised more... I enjoy it just as much as the eagles gamesif not more!!! It's great coz you can rock up early..... and see the colts or the ressies.... it's a great day... and well if people love footy... ie wce and dockers... i think that they should maybe take interest on there it begins... if it wasn't for westar we really would have our great eagles and freo teams? Right? Loook at all the recruiting!!! Were do they come from.... this draft... i think it was 3 ot of 5 were from western australia... and the season before that 4 out 5!!! I can remember when i was little watching a huge crowd at freo oval... or subi... and now you see a piddly crowd... it really upsets me!!

Ali

Remove this Banner Ad

Back