Well F*ck you ACB ar$eholes

Remove this Banner Ad

Arch

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2000
The Pub.
ONce again the pillow biting, ring pirates of the ACB have shafted the WA cricket fans giving us the single one day match involving Australia. We are also the only city which has light towers that DOESNT get to watch Australia under lights, and whats more instead of an Aussies vs Windies game, we get the piss poor Zimbabwe side.

THANKS A F*CKING HEAP YOU ACB PRICKS.

I doubt Ill even bother attending this crap.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......MY BLOOD BOILS !!!!

http://www-aus.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2000-01/OD_TOURNEYS/CUODS/CUODS_JAN-FEB2001_SCHEDULE.html

The exact same thing also for down here in Tassie.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Not that we have lights, BUT, only having one game is bloody piss poor!

Arch I understand the annoyances you have. Personally I love the night games, the atmosphere is awsome but in the past the crowd behaviour has turned 'nasty'.

Last year they trialed a day game for Australia and India and I read that there were minimum crowd ejections and arrests compared to the night games.

My only concern is that the two teams to go into the finals may have already been decided by the time the Perth game comes - so teams wouldn't be playing for much, and they would rest players.

The West Indies v Zimbabwe game will be a nice way to send off Courtney Walsh
smile.gif

Fair points you've all made there. So, what is the solution?

There are only 12 Preliminary matches in the tournament. Should they play more? 2 seasons ago, they played 15. I think they gave an extra game in Adelaide, maybe Brisbane too, while the other extra was in Melb or Syd. I say play 15 matches - with Perth getting an extra match (instead of Sydney/Melb, cos they always get a final). Maybe they could play 2 extra finals.

The thing is, the ACB probably don't want to play too many games, because:
a) player burnout;
b) the 'suspiscion' (is that how you spell it? who cares) of match-fixing/bribery.

------------------
Go to Total Footy

go eagles,
what do you mean by last year they "trialed" a day game ????

We have had day games every year since about 96 (when I started going), the only night game being agnst South Africa about 3 yrs ago, when all of our star players rested (warnie,mcgrath, mark waugh etc ), so the aussies put up a score of about 180 odd, the crowd got bored and therefore got rowdy, and the safricans managed to knock up the 180 before the lights even took effect !!!!

I mean, so many games @ the MCG or SCG get stopped for crowd misbehavior each year anyway in night games- why are they any different ???

I reckon its a big scam so that the Eastern States dont have to sit up til the wee hours to watch the conclusuion on tv- if you think about the time difference, they are up until about 1 am. What other reason is there ?? If you look at the link I posted- you'll notice how we are the only city without D/N next to it, besides Tassie , but they have no light towers.

I was at last years game, and our section turned into a total zoo, because evryone had been in the sun drinking for 8 hours.

I just cant get over how appallingly we get treated when it comes to cricket.

frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Arch (edited 19 October 2000).]

robbo,
the one dayers involving the aussies always get 27 000- 28 000 which is pretty close to capacity at the WACA, except for two years ago when the smarty pantses scheduled the game on the same day as the Big Day Out, which killed the crowd totally.

so I think thats a bit harsh.

A.

ARCH -The reason they screw WA games around is because of the 6pm news.They have to show there news in Sydney at 6pm.Rarely will they ever move it [ask any Formula 1 fan].

I think Australia should play under lights in WA.Bugger the news.

------------------
"The good humour man can only be pushed so far ". -Bart Simpson

Originally posted by Arch:
and whats more instead of an Aussies vs Windies game, we get the piss poor Zimbabwe side.

I agree with your statement that it is unfair that Perth only get 1 game. However, i would tend to be of the belief that Zimbabwe are going to Australia just as good as challenge as the West Indies are.

Sorry Arch - 'trialing' should of read that they scrapped the day/nighters and went back to the original day game 1 day internationals involving Australia.

S.Robbo - You have a valid point that in the past the Perth crowds have been a bit absent on the test matches, but since England came out for the tests, the crowds HAVE been rising for test matches, and with the Windies this year I dont see why it shouldn't continue
smile.gif

WCE2000 - I thought there were 2 one dayers in Perth this year:

Fri 2 (D/N) West Indies v Zimbabwe W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth

Sun 4 Australia v Zimbabwe W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth

I cant understand why they couldnt have the friday nighter as the australia game, and make the two crap teams play the sunday (DAY) game.

Oh thats right, eastern states TV audiences.

frown.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back