Walsh in for one last series!

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Just read the squad for the West Indies to tour Australia and Courtney Walsh has decided he will travel to Australia for his last ever series!

And they are:
JC Adams MI Black CO Browne SL Campbell S Chanderpaul M Dillon D Ganga WW Hinds RD Jacobs KCB Jeremy BC Lara NAM McLean MV Nagamootoo RR Sarwan CEL Stuart CA Walsh

It says something about the dramatic decline in West Indian Cricket when a 38 yo is still their best bowler.

Still - good to see he is coming down under for one last time, will give all of us an opportunity to bid farewell to a real champion.

cheers

Has Ian Bishop retired? I haven't heard a lot about him lately apart from a few years back he was the most injury prone player in the squad.

Nixon McLean impressed me last series, but haven't heard anything glowing about him since - hopefully he can step up. Another name was Franklyn Rose (sp) who seemed to be an up and coming player - but doesn't crack a mention here.

Also, remember Carl Hooper? He's planning a comeback to International Cricket which is great - hope to see him bowl his chinamen during the 1 dayers.

We've got our tickets for the "first day of the first test" ...... been going to this since 1984 - what a day! (Nearly got chucked out last year because we wouldn't hand our saxophone over to security!)

This'll no doubt be the last stand of the great man ..... strange though .... I'd love to see him pass 500 wickets even though he is the enemy!

------------------
Anyway, that's what I reckon ........

mud n blood

Not for his last series i wouldnt think Drakey. Not after the Lee saga anyway as you can then imagine what would happen the next time we played in the Windies for the Worrell cup.

Just on Walsh though, i really hope he can get curtly Curtly (play on words, well i tried) Ambrose out to play as well. Now there was a guy who could bowl with real venom, best vicous bowler since Andy Roberts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back