Voice of Reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
My "lifelong spurs fan" buddy , how are you ? It`s credentials time is it ?
Essendon/Arsenal....When you are born into my family you have three sporting chances,one is to support Essendon, one is to support Arsenal and if this is not to your liking the other is to leave home.
Essendon,first game was in August 1969,I was two months old,nice work from the old man as he wraps young windyhill up in a blanket and off we go to see those Red and Black beauties.Sorry brother but I can`t remember much of the game.This I`m sure would dissappoint you and probably has you questioning my loyalty to Essendon.I`m reliably told it was Melbourne,but a check with Mum says it may have been Footscray.
Bit slack from there on in Voice of Reason as I did not get my first membership till 1973,sorry brother,slack i know.But the old man did well,got me early,nice and early.Now Voicey being a Don in the 1970`s was not much fun,in fact it was downright barren, downright s hithouse we were regularly pumped,but i was in love Voicey,in love with Essendon,being a "lifelong yiddo supporter " you would know this.
I remember making an Elimination final v Fitzroy in 1979 and sitting through an annihilation,that day just about summed my early days as a Don,ohh the humiliation (bit like the 2001 cup semi for you voicey)
Not too many kids followed Essendon at school in the 70`s either Voicey,not where i came from anyway.(south eastern subs) it was all those richmond/collingwood and hawthorn types,the successful ones voicey,the ones you so hate mate.
Anyway,sheedy came and we came good,the baby bombers took flight,and i was right there brother watching The Dutchman,Timmy,Merv (he was on my duffel coat voicey,before he became recognised too mate,you`d like that !) Roger,The hawk.F uck they were good to watch,but more heart break followed Voicey,take 1981 for example,lose the first six win the next 15,lose the last h&a v Geelong and cop another elimination final loss from Fitzroy.Or 1982,win a heap of games to give us a double chance in any other year,but not this year,oh no,another Elim loos this time to Norf,copped plenty voicey,but lapped it up.I have a long memory matey.
Then 1983 came along,another elimination final,this time v the filth,and we win voicey,we win,our first freakin final`s win since 1968,I cried my eyes out.(pls check the traders board i`m after a copy of this game,could you help me out voicey ?) My old man was blubbin like a fool,magic stuff,but these things happen voicey when your`e in love with a team, hey mate ?
But 1983 was cruel voicey,those bloody hawks toyed with us and kicked a record score,and did i cop it being the only Don at school,but as stated previously voicey i have a long memory...
Haaaa 1984,had i hopped on the bandwagon voicey ? had i served my time son ? you be the judge,but to tell you that i lapped it up would be an understatement
so there are the early years of following the Dons Voicey,yeah I`ve been a member since 1973 till today .I`ve sat through 1983/1990/2001,prelims like 1996/1999 elims 1979/1981/1982/1991/160 point losses to hawfforn/sheedy being booed at half time etc.I`ve seen the good and the bad
Had my wedding photos there mate,often pop in just to soak up that Windy Hill atmosphere,it`s an acquired taste buddy,but give it a go.I have tattoo`s voicey,shoulder and ankle,should i scrub these off ? I have a tile in the essendon hall of fame,might rip that one up as well.I could go on about what Essendon mean to me voicey (if i haven`t all ready) but believe me baby i have not even scratched the surface....as the tattoo says I AM ESSENDON
ARSENAL,yeah you guessed it son,mad keen Essendon supporting dad,mad keen gooner supporting old man as well..."You know the rules windyhill,arsenal or get out" Brother,the whole family is arsenal,we rejoice in old favourites like "boring boring Arsenal"...or "one nil to the arsenal,One nil to the Arsenal,etc etc" (and guess what voicey,tottenham have turned into Arsenal,five-six years ago,ironic hey ?)
My old man wrote to Denis Compton as a young fella asking him for two things,and England cap and an Arsenal shirt,the cheek of the man !!!!! No wonder i had no hope hey voicey ? The letter is up at Mums place and has no value to anyone but my family,do you see the madness/keeness there voicey ? do you know who denis Compton is son ? quick.
Should i remove the arsenal tatt as well Voicey,do you know anyone in the tatt removing industry ? I have quite a bit of work for someone !!! and i hate tatts,reckon they are sh ithouse things,but if you love your club (or someone like me who has obviously just jumped on the Arsenal/Essendon/Celtic wagons).....there is no better way to show it....Arsenal...1973-
CELTIC,now you may have me there brother as i got into the hoops a little later on.I can remember clerly though how i got into them.One man did it kenny dalglish,how good was he voicey ? he was starring for liverpool,giving it to my boys usually,but i loved the man and i thought who did he used to play for in Scotland ? Celtic ! right away we go.Probably 1979-I have shares in the club voicey,they had a share issue when they were going really sh ithouse and in my own stupid way i reckon i helped them.Had some great nights at The Jock Stein Celtic Supporters Club Of Melbourne too voicey,even when Rangers beat us we still win the singing,great stuff,come along voicey you can check out some of the other boys supporting credentials and ask about me.
Is that enough voicey ? do i pass ? i have more mate......

You bandwagon jumping, Filth supporting, Essenscum supporting mongrel.

I dunno how you live with yourself, I really don't! :D

However, I don't think you can blame VoR for asking a legitimate, honest question. There's plenty of Arsenal support appearing of recent times.

Funny that you follow Celtic for similar reasons as to why I'm a Spur. 1990 World Cup, who is that England striker? Gary who? Right, who does he play for? Beauty, they'll do.

Fate is cruel sometimes.

(P.S. Absolutely no way that was a penalty.)

Originally posted by Dan26
I wouldn't listen to anything VOR says by the way. He has criticized me by saying: "I hate how Dan posts on the Soccer board" :rolleyes:

Idiot.
And with quality, on topic diatribe such as that shining example above, whatever would have been thinking, rolleyes king?

Now off the afl board to answer my obscure stats question this instant young man.

Originally posted by windyhill
My "lifelong spurs fan" buddy , how are you ? It`s credentials time is it ?
Essendon/Arsenal....When you are born into my family you have three sporting chances,one is to support Essendon, one is to support Arsenal and if this is not to your liking the other is to leave home.
Essendon,first game was in August 1969,I was two months old,nice work from the old man as he wraps young windyhill up in a blanket and off we go to see those Red and Black beauties.Sorry brother but I can`t remember much of the game.This I`m sure would dissappoint you and probably has you questioning my loyalty to Essendon.I`m reliably told it was Melbourne,but a check with Mum says it may have been Footscray.
Bit slack from there on in Voice of Reason as I did not get my first membership till 1973,sorry brother,slack i know.But the old man did well,got me early,nice and early.Now Voicey being a Don in the 1970`s was not much fun,in fact it was downright barren, downright s hithouse we were regularly pumped,but i was in love Voicey,in love with Essendon,being a "lifelong yiddo supporter " you would know this.
I remember making an Elimination final v Fitzroy in 1979 and sitting through an annihilation,that day just about summed my early days as a Don,ohh the humiliation (bit like the 2001 cup semi for you voicey)
Not too many kids followed Essendon at school in the 70`s either Voicey,not where i came from anyway.(south eastern subs) it was all those richmond/collingwood and hawthorn types,the successful ones voicey,the ones you so hate mate.
Anyway,sheedy came and we came good,the baby bombers took flight,and i was right there brother watching The Dutchman,Timmy,Merv (he was on my duffel coat voicey,before he became recognised too mate,you`d like that !) Roger,The hawk.F uck they were good to watch,but more heart break followed Voicey,take 1981 for example,lose the first six win the next 15,lose the last h&a v Geelong and cop another elimination final loss from Fitzroy.Or 1982,win a heap of games to give us a double chance in any other year,but not this year,oh no,another Elim loos this time to Norf,copped plenty voicey,but lapped it up.I have a long memory matey.
Then 1983 came along,another elimination final,this time v the filth,and we win voicey,we win,our first freakin final`s win since 1968,I cried my eyes out.(pls check the traders board i`m after a copy of this game,could you help me out voicey ?) My old man was blubbin like a fool,magic stuff,but these things happen voicey when your`e in love with a team, hey mate ?
But 1983 was cruel voicey,those bloody hawks toyed with us and kicked a record score,and did i cop it being the only Don at school,but as stated previously voicey i have a long memory...
Haaaa 1984,had i hopped on the bandwagon voicey ? had i served my time son ? you be the judge,but to tell you that i lapped it up would be an understatement
so there are the early years of following the Dons Voicey,yeah I`ve been a member since 1973 till today .I`ve sat through 1983/1990/2001,prelims like 1996/1999 elims 1979/1981/1982/1991/160 point losses to hawfforn/sheedy being booed at half time etc.I`ve seen the good and the bad
Had my wedding photos there mate,often pop in just to soak up that Windy Hill atmosphere,it`s an acquired taste buddy,but give it a go.I have tattoo`s voicey,shoulder and ankle,should i scrub these off ? I have a tile in the essendon hall of fame,might rip that one up as well.I could go on about what Essendon mean to me voicey (if i haven`t all ready) but believe me baby i have not even scratched the surface....as the tattoo says I AM ESSENDON
ARSENAL,yeah you guessed it son,mad keen Essendon supporting dad,mad keen gooner supporting old man as well..."You know the rules windyhill,arsenal or get out" Brother,the whole family is arsenal,we rejoice in old favourites like "boring boring Arsenal"...or "one nil to the arsenal,One nil to the Arsenal,etc etc" (and guess what voicey,tottenham have turned into Arsenal,five-six years ago,ironic hey ?)
My old man wrote to Denis Compton as a young fella asking him for two things,and England cap and an Arsenal shirt,the cheek of the man !!!!! No wonder i had no hope hey voicey ? The letter is up at Mums place and has no value to anyone but my family,do you see the madness/keeness there voicey ? do you know who denis Compton is son ? quick.
Should i remove the arsenal tatt as well Voicey,do you know anyone in the tatt removing industry ? I have quite a bit of work for someone !!! and i hate tatts,reckon they are sh ithouse things,but if you love your club (or someone like me who has obviously just jumped on the Arsenal/Essendon/Celtic wagons).....there is no better way to show it....Arsenal...1973-
CELTIC,now you may have me there brother as i got into the hoops a little later on.I can remember clerly though how i got into them.One man did it kenny dalglish,how good was he voicey ? he was starring for liverpool,giving it to my boys usually,but i loved the man and i thought who did he used to play for in Scotland ? Celtic ! right away we go.Probably 1979-I have shares in the club voicey,they had a share issue when they were going really sh ithouse and in my own stupid way i reckon i helped them.Had some great nights at The Jock Stein Celtic Supporters Club Of Melbourne too voicey,even when Rangers beat us we still win the singing,great stuff,come along voicey you can check out some of the other boys supporting credentials and ask about me.
Is that enough voicey ? do i pass ? i have more mate......

windy

Thanks for the bio. I respect your credentials. Good to hear you're not a bandwagon-jumping Johnny-Come-Lately. You were born into filth and I respect you for it.

Dan

I'm deeply disappointed at the lack of detail and statistical support for your post. I was at least hoping for something along the lines of "I have physically observed 0.003% of Arsenal's games in the last 10 years".

The sweeper / mop joke's been done well, but just to reiterate, I don't think you know an Edu from a Header on the soccer front and I'm not just taking the Ian Ure on this one.

OK I admit it. I am an Arsenal bandwagon jumper. I mean with players such as Ian Selley, Steve Morrow, Eddie McGoldrick, Andy Linighan and Vince Bartram I couldn't help myself.

During my Arsenal supporting days I have seen the Gunners under three managers (not including care taker Houston) I must say thank god for Wenger. Naming does players started off as a joke, but it ended up being scary. How the hell did they get a game with us?

Re: Re: Voice of Reason

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
I don't think you know an Edu from a Header on the soccer front and I'm not just taking the Ian Ure on this one.

You wouldn't have a f*cking clue so keep you mouth shut.

How about I accuse you of having 100 bigooty aliases. How would I know? I don't, I'm just guessing. Something you are good at.

Idiot.

Re: Re: Re: Voice of Reason

You wouldn't have a f*cking clue so keep you mouth shut.

The only one who doesn't have a f*cking clue is you Dan. If you knew anything about VoR's post that you responded to, you would've known that he's just taken the p*ss out of you in a major way.

Voice of Reason 1 defeated Dan26 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OWN GOAL SENDS DAN26 DOWN

Cellar dwelling Dan26 was condemned to relegation after an own goal led to a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Europe-chasing VoR.

Dan26, who has struggled mightily in its first season in the top flight, fell behind to a 14th minute own goal, when right back Danu turned a routine Voicey cross into his own net. Keeper Danilson was powerless to stop the shot, which crept in at the near post.

Dan26 attacked without invention or purpose for much of the remainder of the match, but never seriously looked like breaching VoR's organised back three. Indeed, VoR nearly doubled its advantage close to half time, a sweetly placed crossed from Voicey was headed wide from close range by Reasondo.

Dan26's manager called for more recognition for the top spot, and contended that his team had not underachieved through the season. The press conference broke up in gales of laughter soon after.

Dan26 should be more comfortable in the lower divisions next season; visits to "Regional Leagues", "American Sports" and "Suggestions Board" should not prove too taxing. Improvement is required however - supporters of Dan26 do not want to see consecutive relegations that would see Dan26 playing in the "General Talk" league.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Voice of Reason

Originally posted by Shinboners
If you knew anything about VoR's post that you responded to, you would've known that he's just taken the p*ss out of you in a major way.

You think I don't know he is taking the piss? You fool :rolleyes: You obviously totally missed the point, which is not surprising. Just because someone takes the piss, doens't make them immune from criticism for their arrogance - something you should take heed of.

I would like the second leg to be scheduled on my turf - away goals not worth any more of course.;)

No worries. I was going to make a joke about marshmellows and Marinellos, but can't be bothered now.

I'll adapt my tactics to all out attack if I'm at home, or it'll be smash & grab if playing away.

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
OWN GOAL SENDS DAN26 DOWN

Cellar dwelling Dan26 was condemned to relegation after an own goal led to a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Europe-chasing VoR.

Dan26, who has struggled mightily in its first season in the top flight, fell behind to a 14th minute own goal, when right back Danu turned a routine Voicey cross into his own net. Keeper Danilson was powerless to stop the shot, which crept in at the near post.

Dan26 attacked without invention or purpose for much of the remainder of the match, but never seriously looked like breaching VoR's organised back three. Indeed, VoR nearly doubled its advantage close to half time, a sweetly placed crossed from Voicey was headed wide from close range by Reasondo.

Dan26's manager called for more recognition for the top spot, and contended that his team had not underachieved through the season. The press conference broke up in gales of laughter soon after.

Dan26 should be more comfortable in the lower divisions next season; visits to "Regional Leagues", "American Sports" and "Suggestions Board" should not prove too taxing. Improvement is required however - supporters of Dan26 do not want to see consecutive relegations that would see Dan26 playing in the "General Talk" league.

Like usual all class mate, all class!

".When you are born into my family you have three sporting chances,one is to support Essendon, one is to support Arsenal and if this is not to your liking the other is to leave home."

Should have left home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back