Remove this Banner Ad

Den11

Debutant
May 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119860/default.aspx

Good choice I believe, has all the attributes that our team should be looking for. Hopefully will be able to go back to player development if doesn't get/want the job at the end of the season. Though worried he may leave as not many stay on after being the caretaker.

The club also needs to show some care with Jack coming through our system in years to come. Would hate to lose both Viney's in the one blow.

Would love to see Viney take the team by the scruff of the neck and give them some tough love. He could do it as a player/captain, now it is time to see if he can do it as a coach.

Not happy that Jim called Dean

Could make Dean being at the Press Conference today interesting. Though I can't see Dean being anything but truly professional and measured today as his media work has been fantastic throughout his term at the helm.

Much better choice than Royal. And I believe Viney would actually be in the running for the position next season as well. Royal would not be.

Risky on Viney's behalf though if he has any aspirations to be a senior coach one day. If we lose most of our remaining games, it will not look good on his behalf, and I know it can't get much worse than it already is. But I doubt we would give him the job if we continued this poor form. On the other side of the coin though, if we were to win a few remaining games, then he would definitely be in with a shot. I'd like to hear from Todd if he actually has any aspirations to be head coach. Good choice though....

Good choice.

Unlike 2007, when Mark Riley was just warming the seat, I reckon Todd could be in with a shot of getting the gig full-time.

He should get 3 wins or so, with a cruisy run home. As long as he gets the team playing with passion and intensity I'll be happy.

Happy that Royal wasn't given the job. Like others have said, I'm curious to know whether Todd is just a caretaker coach, or whether he has ambitions for the gig.

Can't imagine Viney sitting emotionless in the coaches box if we are getting flogged. If he coaches with the same passion that he played, we're in good hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very impressed with Viney during his time at Hawthorn, good choice. Hopefully this is the spur the players need to play consistently because you have the talent imo.

I hope Viney being interim coach doesn't jeopardise his position at the club next year. We got him for a reason and he'd be a good resource for our fitness development. He's not what we are looking for as a coach though - and caretaker coaches very rarely stick around the following year. Would have been safer to choose Scott West.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back