Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone ever been to the master in Augusta? Been meaning to post in here for a while. Wife and I are going next year. Flying into Atlanta then driving to Augusta. We have a night before the golf starts. Wondering if we Should have a night in Atlanta, Augusta or somewhere inbetween? I’m a basketball fan so I might be able to sneak a game in, in Atlanta if we get lucky with the schedule. We are country people and city’s are all the same to me - wondering if there would be a cool place along the way. Cheers

Looked last yr but couldnt believe pricing for the Masters and had already spent so much on sport I wasn't allowed too.

Below is where we went too more as an FYI for others

LA - Solid for a few days to visit all the sites. Santa Monica & Venice i enjoyed, didn't mind hollywood.

Santa Barbara - Drove up to Santa Barbara through Malibu & the coastal towns. Absolutely loved Santa Monica, Malibu & a town called Ventura where he had dinner on the way back. Would love to live in this area north of LA

Vegas - 3 or 4 nights, barely any sleep. Great place for a few nights & must go too along with the grand canyon

Milwaukee - Bucks fan so visited here twice, one for a playoff game. Small town & was in the latter stage of winter so was freezing. Been to the snow but this is the coldest day i had was here. Very nice old small city though

Chicago - Solid, only spent a day here as spent more time driving to Milwaukee but was good. Didn't get to see heaps.

DC - Loved DC, very underrated & my mrs didn't want to go here but i love political history & landmarks so was keen to see it & we both fell in love with the place. Georgetown is a beautiful part of the city.

Drove from DC to New York and saw a bit of Philly, would be keen to spend a night here in the future.

New York - Struggled to find anyone that hates New York & being the city that never sleeps suits me perfectly as I love to always be doing or watching something. Amazing place

Orlando - Went for theme parks for her, not really my vibe but good for theme park enthusiasts.

Drove from Orlando to Miami along the coast & loved the coastal towns. Palm Beach is unbelievable as well as Fort Lauderdale which was nice

Miami - Great holiday spot to just relax. Had 2 nights here and was great at the latter end of the trip. Another beautiful spot where can relax in good weather for a few nights.

Other places we want to go to are Nashville, NOLA, Boston & I wouldn't mind going to the Dakota's. Plus also want to get to Green Bay for a game when going back to watch the Bucks in Milwaukee

Atlanta's got some pretty cool stuff.

One of the best aquiriums ive been to (better than Melbourne, not as good as Osaka/Singapore)
College football hall of fame (quite interactive)
Coca-Cola World (I didn't go in, but someone told me you have their entire worldwide menu available inside if you wanted)
It was also the home to a cable network, I remember walking through their center on the way to the old Georgia Dome and there being tours. But I can't recall whos it was. I think the one Ted Turner owned?
Thats some awesome info. Thanks Dirty Bird. I guess another option for us is to fly into Charleston. Wife loves the beach. Have you been?

Coca-Cola World (I didn't go in, but someone told me you have their entire worldwide menu available inside if you wanted)

I went. There is a room full of dispensers where you can try all the wholly owned TCCC soft drinks. They do not have the side menu of licensed bottler companies. So they do not have Coca Cola Amatil's drinks like Kole Beer, Passiona etc.

They had an interesting section on the "New Coke" debacle. It was interesting to hear their side of it.

I went. There is a room full of dispensers where you can try all the wholly owned TCCC soft drinks. They do not have the side menu of licensed bottler companies. So they do not have Coca Cola Amatil's drinks like Kole Beer, Passiona etc.

They had an interesting section on the "New Coke" debacle. It was interesting to hear their side of it.
Kole beer is amazing. Haven’t seen it anywhere other than WA

Kole beer is amazing. Haven’t seen it anywhere other than WA
Aldi in Sydney has it every now and then. Not often, just enough that people have tasted it and then get pissed off that they can't have any more. Mitsuya Craft Cola in Japan is similar, if thats any help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back