News United Airlines drag passenger off a flight

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...ssenger-dragged-off-overbooked-flight/8433104

United Airlines insists they "followed the right procedures" after video of a passenger being dragged from an overbooked flight and being left with a bloodied face sparked outrage.

As the flight waited to depart from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, police officers could be seen grabbing the screaming man from a window seat, pulling him across the armrest and dragging him down the aisle by his arms.

The airline was trying to make room for four of its employees on the Sunday evening flight to Louisville, Kentucky.

DD5k0qVH0JS0If7Q.jpg

Passenger Audra D Bridges posted the video on Facebook. Her husband, Tyler Bridges, said United offered $US400 and then $US800 in vouchers and a hotel stay for volunteers to give up their seats.

When no-one volunteered, a United manager came on the plane and announced passengers would be chosen at random.

"We almost felt like we were being taken hostage," Mr Bridges said.

"We were stuck there. You can't do anything as a traveller. You're relying on the airline."

When airline employees named four customers who had to leave the plane, three of them did so. The fourth person refused to move, and police were called, United spokesman Charlie Hobart said.

"We followed the right procedures," Mr Hobart said.

The CEO endorsed the action,., Stock fell - $1bn lost of value - he's now issued 3 apologies and said policy will be reviewed ... haha

17862493_10211708656404817_3408685065507454959_n.jpg

17855284_10211708686325565_429448537211573000_o.jpg

The question I have is why were they trying to make room for their employees? On every airline I have travelled, including South-East Asian domestic airlines and Ryanair, the employees have separate seats to the public.

The question I have is why were they trying to make room for their employees? On every airline I have travelled, including South-East Asian domestic airlines and Ryanair, the employees have separate seats to the public.

By separate seats, I'm guessing you mean those fold-up seats? If United were sending extra staff to Louisville for another flight, there was probably only 1-2 spare staff seats as the rest would have been for staff working. If you need to send 6 extra staff, the only other seats left are the passenger seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back