26. Mitch Coen - Sandrigham
27. Matthew Atta - Northen
28. Adam Tomlinson - Oakleigh
29. Brody Lawford - Oakleigh
30. Chris Prowse - Oakleigh
31. Will Hoskin-Elliot - Western

Vic Country

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3020-0-0-0&sID=135756

Any thoughts, surprises, or anyone unlucky to miss?

dylan buckley is one of the best players ive ever played against. reminds me of gary ablett when he plays
michael talia is an absolute superstar: incredibly strong and has a unbelievable motor for his size
blair cronin can take a game apart and wont hold back in the carnival

feel like s**t for hal hunter. definetly deserved a spopt in at least the initial squad.
rick mullins was a bit stiff as well. saw him play a few games for northern and didnt do much wrong. doubts over his size though

question marks over jason williams. basketball background, the kid has enormous potential. would not put him in the bracket of vic metro's best.

and whats chris prowse doing there. thats surely a typo

Under 16s right?

Jack Wright, 186cm, 94kg

186cm is a midium sized footy player, this kid will probably grow to 191cm or so, but gee wizz 94kg for a 186cm player at 16.

Is this kid a bit fat or just has massive arms and legs? easily could be a 190cm and 100kg at the under 18s championships. probably a player to look out for, however i have no idea of his ability

Zack May looks like a good future ruckman 201cm now could grow to about 206cm, 79kg isnt a bad size for a 16 year old either but looks like a few hours in the gym wouldn't hurt

dylan buckley is one of the best players ive ever played against. reminds me of gary ablett when he plays
michael talia is an absolute superstar: incredibly strong and has a unbelievable motor for his size

feel like s**t for hal hunter. definetly deserved a spopt in at least the initial squad.
rick mullins was a bit stiff as well.
saw him play a few games for northern and didnt do much wrong. doubts over his size though

Agree that hal hunter and mullins should have been picked. Not much defensive clout in the side as a result. Hal playing firsts for wesley. Also what about seb gotch? Small yes, but amazing and kicked 8 goals for caulfield in the APS firsts the other week. Politics i reckon....

rick mullins was a bit stiff as well. saw him play a few games for northern and didnt do much wrong. doubts over his size though

question marks over jason williams. basketball background, the kid has enormous potential. would not put him in the bracket of vic metro's best.

and whats chris prowse doing there. thats surely a typo

The selectors' objective is not only to pick a team which will win games at the U16 National Championships this year, but also a team which will produce AFL drafts in 2 years time. This makes a big difference. They take 'upside' into consideration.

Anyway, I saw one of the trial games. VIC Country is at least a 6 goal better team than VIC Metro.

and whats chris prowse doing there. thats surely a typo[/quote

jason williams has talent great basketballer aswell wat yas think?

Anybody have the All Australian squad for the carnival?
That will become the Australian u17 at the AIS.

Anybody have the All Australian squad for the carnival?
That will become the Australian u17 at the AIS.

I don't think it has been announced yet ( I may be wrong)

Isn't the U/16 Grand Final being played on AFL grand final day? The team is usually announced 2 weeks after the end of the carnival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it has been announced yet ( I may be wrong)

Isn't the U/16 Grand Final being played on AFL grand final day? The team is usually announced 2 weeks after the end of the carnival.

This is the AIS-AFL Academy Squad:
Vic Country: Tomas Bugg(Gippsland/Beaconsfield), Dylan Shiel(Dandenong/Edithvale Aspendale), Adam Treloar(Dandenong/Noble Park), Sam Kerridge(Bendigo/Mildura), Darcy Watchorn(North Ballarat/Redan), Sam Gordan(Geelong/Camperdown), Piers Flanagan(Geelong/Geelong Amateurs), Luke Parker(Dandenong Stingrays)

Vic Metro: Billy Longer(Northern/Macleod), Michael Bussey(Eastern/Rowville), Tim Golds(Oakleigh/Balwyn), Dylan Buckley(Northern/Fitzroy), Jonathon Patton(Eastern/St Simon's), Aaron Young(Eastern), Andrew Gaff(Oakleigh/Carey Grammar)

South Australia: Chad Wingard(Sturt/Imperials), Jack Hombsch(Sturt/Roxby Downs), Sam Day(Sturt/PAC), Daniel Gorringe(Norwood)

Western Australia: Tom Mitchell(Claremont/Hale School), Gerald Ugle(Perth/Northam), Max Duffy(Perth/Corpus Christi), Myles Bolger(South Fremantle), Brandon Matera(South Fremantle/Corpus Christi), Blayne Wilson(Peel Thunder/Halls Head JFC), Harley Bennell(Peel), Ben Newton(South Fremantle)

Tasmania: Sam Darley(North Hobart)

Northern Territory: Curtly Hampton(Pioneers)

Queensland: Jackson Allen(Sherwood)

i have been playing with steven scott and daniel maitland for 4 years now and they are always a step above everyone else.

In the carnival steven aka '' Stubbs " was in the top 3 best players for sandringham with a BOG performance against oakleigh.

Daniel had a very solid carnivall and dont know how the people down at vic metro couldnt find an invitation for him , hard working and his tackling is amazing.

Steven's left foot is ridiculous i still don't know if his left or right foot??
who knows, maybe for these two the hard work will pay off in the future, Steven holds 6 best and fairest and Daniel with 4, both deserve big things.

i have been playing with steven scott and daniel maitland for 4 years now and they are always a step above everyone else.

In the carnival steven aka '' Stubbs " was in the top 3 best players for sandringham with a BOG performance against oakleigh.

Daniel had a very solid carnivall and dont know how the people down at vic metro couldnt find an invitation for him , hard working and his tackling is amazing.

Steven's left foot is ridiculous i still don't know if his left or right foot??
who knows, maybe for these two the hard work will pay off in the future, Steven holds 6 best and fairest and Daniel with 4, both deserve big things.
You are Steven. Barrack for the Pies and live in Clarinda? Either that or his brother...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back