TSL off-season thread - **All speculation in here please**

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
Thread for all the off-season news, speculation, and what not, instead of seperate threads.

Chat on grounds, teams, trading, weather, crowds, ect, will all fit perfectly in here.

Let's keep it civil and constructive.

Have at it guys :)

Hobart coaching committee chair Sean Sullivan dismissed reports playing assistant coach, key forward Michael Cassidy would be heading to Lauderdale next season.

"He's contracted for two years," Sullivan said.
"There is a lot of speculation but I've had two fairly strong discussions with him and [he] said he's had no discussion with any club."

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2011/09/27/264591_afl.html

Hobart coaching committee chair Sean Sullivan dismissed reports playing assistant coach, key forward Michael Cassidy would be heading to Lauderdale next season.

"He's contracted for two years," Sullivan said.
"There is a lot of speculation but I've had two fairly strong discussions with him and [he] said he's had no discussion with any club."

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2011/09/27/264591_afl.html

Cassidy signed a 3 year deal with Lauderdale last night.
Cass has notified Hobart. Lauderdale and Hobart to negotiate the rest I would assume. Garth from Huonville also has signed.

Cassidy signed a 3 year deal with Lauderdale last night.
Cass has notified Hobart. Lauderdale and Hobart to negotiate the rest I would assume. Garth from Huonville also has signed.

My understanding is, he still has a year left at Hobart, which means if the tiges don't want to release him, he will be sitting the first year out!

This will be very interesting if true, as my mail is the same that Cass is contracted as a player at Hobart for the 2012 season, so he might have to sit out for a year.

I was also told that AFLTAS was made aware of this a few weeks ago and informed Hobart that if still under contract he wouldn’t be able to be signed by another TSL club.

What may make this even uglier is that Cass works for Hobart Coaching Committee Chair Sean Sullivan, so probably not best practice potentially deceiving your boss.

On the plus side perhaps, Hobart might still be able to get Mitch Hahn with the amount they will ask in compensation from Lauderdale to release Cass from his contract!

This will be very interesting if true, as my mail is the same that Cass is contracted as a player at Hobart for the 2012 season, so he might have to sit out for a year.

I was also told that AFLTAS was made aware of this a few weeks ago and informed Hobart that if still under contract he wouldn’t be able to be signed by another TSL club.

What may make this even uglier is that Cass works for Hobart Coaching Committee Chair Sean Sullivan, so probably not best practice potentially deceiving your boss.

On the plus side perhaps, Hobart might still be able to get Mitch Hahn with the amount they will ask in compensation from Lauderdale to release Cass from his contract!

Might be a tough day at the office tomorrow!!:thumbsu:.

Glenorchy coaching position is between Ben Atkin, peter ryan, Errol Bourn & Richie Robertson so ive been told

George Burbury

Heard on the grapevine that George Burbury has signed on for another year as a rookie with Geelong.

An excellent result for Burbury, who will obviously be hoping for a chance to crack a game with the seniors next year (if someone goes on the long term injury list).:footy:

Glenorchy coaching position is between Ben Atkin, peter ryan, Errol Bourn & Richie Robertson so ive been told

After the way bucket acted, abusing umpires etc at Brighton this season, there would be no chance of him stepping up to TSL.

Great player, Poor coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the way bucket acted, abusing umpires etc at Brighton this season, there would be no chance of him stepping up to TSL.

Great player, Poor coach

Unless you have played under him not sure how you can say he's a poor coach! One indisgretion shouldn't say what you are like as a coach!

He is indeed contracted to the club for 2012!
Sullivan actually gave him a job to keep him at Hobart didn't he?
As far as I'm concerned he can pack his bags and go to Lauderdale.
Hobart should turn it into a positive and release him of his contract so he can play with the Bombers, they pay out his contract and we can use that to get a Mitch Hahn or someone good. We'll be laughing. Win-Win situation all round. :thumbsu:

Ship Stirrer: Heard Brer's name mentioned in relation to the Glenorchy senior job a few weeks back, allegedly interested anyway.
Ben Atkin's name was mentioned as Glenorchy's SFL senior coach for next year.

He is indeed contracted to the club for 2012!
Sullivan actually gave him a job to keep him at Hobart didn't he?
As far as I'm concerned he can pack his bags and go to Lauderdale.
Hobart should turn it into a positive and release him of his contract so he can play with the Bombers, they pay out his contract and we can use that to get a Mitch Hahn or someone good. We'll be laughing. Win-Win situation all round. :thumbsu:

Ship Stirrer: Heard Brer's name mentioned in relation to the Glenorchy senior job a few weeks back, allegedly interested anyway.
Ben Atkin's name was mentioned as Glenorchy's SFL senior coach for next year.

Bucket going for TSL gig. I heard Fabion Ackroyd mentioned for the SFL role.

I heard Fabion Ackroyd mentioned for the SFL role.

If he gets the gig, he could be playing coach. He has played at almost every club in Southern Tasmania at one stage or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back