MRP / Trib. Tribunal news & reports (keep it all in one thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the video replays - I don't think he did intend to stomp on the bloke....
I think he was genuinely worried about getting pinged for the stiff arm in teh first place..
After the Sydney bloke went down ..he tried to get out of the area as fast as possible and tripped his clumsy self up - ironically on the Sydney players leg..
Tall big blokes can be very clumsy .

Watching the video replays - I don't think he did intend to stomp on the bloke....
I think he was genuinely worried about getting pinged for the stiff arm in teh first place..
After the Sydney bloke went down ..he tried to get out of the area as fast as possible and tripped his clumsy self up - ironically on the Sydney players leg..
Tall big blokes can be very clumsy .

From what I saw of Minson's 'stomping', it didn't look like he meant anything by it. Just got his foot caught on Jacks leg and tripped himself.

A hat around The fans at the saints game would get that in 15 minutes plus a bit more too get them into the scum nExt time.
Over here in the UK, the local Championship side's (Brighton) supporters have a whip around collecting a quid off the supporters at the match so that the manager can have a pop at the referees whenever something bullshit happens at their home grounds. That way, if the manager gets fined... the supporters have paid for it :)

Sorry guys- might have been mentioned elsewhere, but read we were considering challenging carrots' fine.. was he not involved or something? anyone have any info as to why we might have considered it?

Sorry guys- might have been mentioned elsewhere, but read we were considering challenging carrots' fine.. was he not involved or something? anyone have any info as to why we might have considered it?
According to foxsports, he had considered contesting the fine... but I think that someone at the club stumped up the 1200 for it.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane

No melee fines !!!

Andrew Walker and Stephen Milne can accept 900 for wrestling each other.

Tom Simpkin and Mitch Robinson can accept $900 and $3000 respectively for wrestling each other. Third offence for Robinson.

Leigh Montagna can accept 1 game for rough conduct on Andrew Walker. penalty impacted by poor record.

Terry Milera cleared contact Rhys O’Keeffe . Force used below that required for a report.

Mitch Robinson cleared contact Leigh Montagna. Panel not satisified there was forceful high contact to the head or neck region.

Chris Yarran cleared contact Brendon Goddard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robinson is surely on track to get some kind of fines record for his melee and wrestling fines. .. I wonder if Lynch holds the record after his matches to fines conversion for his retirement Grand Final. ..
I was thinking after reading the MRP findings that this wrestling caper is starting to get a bit expensive for Robbo. It would be cheaper to throw a punch & cop a suspension (not so good for the team though).

MRP report: finals week one
Quinten Lynch, West Coast, has been charged with a level one charging offence (125 demerit points, one match) against Scott McMahon, North Melbourne, during the first quarter of the first elimination final between West Coast and North Melbourne, played at Patersons Stadium on Sunday September 9, 2012.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his one-match sanction must remain at one match, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of three activation points, resulting in a classification of a level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 150 demerit points. He also has 37.50 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 187.50 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 140.63 points and a one-match sanction.
MRP report: finals week one

I guess McMahon didn't play on after Norf's medical report appeared to have a bearing on the match review panel...

Blues' medical report puzzles North
"Look, I'm not a medical expert and we're not disputing Carlton's medical report," McDonald said on Wednesday.

"But one of the things is Joseph did play on for the rest of the quarter and it didn't look like there was anything wrong with him. We really tracked him after the incident on the behind-the-goals footage and … he was really up and about. He played pretty tight, he was bumping into players.

"Carlton said he had delayed onset [concussion] - and we don't have an issue with that - but how do you know it wasn't a cumulative thing from the whole first half of the game?"
Blues' medical report puzzles North

Hope James Brayshaw jokes that McMillan was declared clinically dead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back