Random TLS Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best cure for that would be sipping some hot honey and lemon tea and sitting back and watching Carlton and Collingwood try to destroy each other this afternoon

Despite their inability to win the flag last year, Hawthorn supporters have developed greater arrogance in defeat. They bitch and whinge about the CoLA but try to deny their issue is with the fact we won the flag. They squeal for Goodes to get weeks for trying to toe poke the ball forward, but applaud Hodges soft touch of a verdict that allows him to get a reprimand while other players like Brown get two weeks for something much less forceful. What a pack of ****ing campaigners they are.

I think after going to several footy games at ANZ/Telstra Stadium/Stadium Australia I have more or less resigned myself to the fact that it is going to take min 90 mins to get home. One thing Sydney's transport is particularly poor at (there are others, but would be
TL;DR) is how connections/transfers work (or don't work...) In b4 one of the Tasmanians asks what's a connection

Pretty angry at the UK Embassy at the moment.

My Girlfriend (Indonesian) and I are going to France and the UK next year in February.

Unfortunately the UK Embassy doesn't allow you to apply for a Visa until 3 months before your trip, so she makes an appointment, gets her biometric tests and everything and provides her passport, her current enrolment at University, Her bank statement, Return flights and travel itinerary.

It's takes the UK Embassy 6 weeks to get back to her, just to reject her application because they beleive she does not have the social (I didn't even know this was a thing) or financial grounds to want to return to Australia and because they don't know how she is supporting herself on the basis of probability they can't allow her in the country, On top of this they sent back all the apparent "Documentation" she originally sent through they only sent back her bank statement and her passport (According to them they only ever received her passport and her bank statement... nothing else...)

She also apparently has no right to appeal... because she doesn't fit their criteria and she has to pay another $200 to start the process all over again... (Because of this she will have to send away her passport and she has an appointment for her Schengen visa on the 9th of January) (Luckily the Schengen Visa people are allot more organised and she should have her passport back within ten working days)

That being said if the UK office don't send it back to her in time she could be in a fair bit of trouble for our trip...

Also this time we have kind of gone out of our way with statements to try and make sure the UK embassy doesn't reject her again...

In her documentation we have gone over the top and included the following

Flights and return flights
Travel itinerary and our plans on what we are doing each day in London
Where we are staying and payment confirmations for all the purchases
Her classes she is enrolled in for next year (That should be enough reason for returning right?), and her results from this year
A written letter from her Father that is signed with a copy of his passport saying that he supports her and will continue to do so until she finishes her degree at University in Australia (And proof of his financials alongside hers)
A written letter from her Mother saying that she is flying to Australia in March and will be staying with her (Flights are included along side this)
A written letter from her Sister with a sworn statement saying that she will be returning to Australia for her studies next year
A written letter from myself saying that I am her boyfriend and will be traveling with her to England and that she will be flying back with me
A statutory declaration from her signed by an police officer saying she will board her return flgiht and return to Australia to continue her studies
A signed statutory declaration
A letter from the director of the Short Film Festival that me and her help out with saying they expect her to be back for the March festival and two letters of
Written letters from 4 of her closest friends swearing that they have known her for a few years, signed and with copies of their passports.

Hypothetically that should be enough to prove that she social and educational/ financial reasons.

She is also providing two photocopies of every single document so they can't possibly lose anything again this time.

I honestly can't believe she isn't allowed and appeal and that they didn't at least give her an interview...

Wow good luck with that! If they still persist in being difficult, you could try asking the embassy to check their files, in case they did lose the documentation that you sent them previously. It might be worth a try, since not strictly an 'appeal', just asking them to confirm receipt of the documents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow good luck with that! If they still persist in being difficult, you could try asking the embassy to check their files, in case they did lose the documentation that you sent them previously. It might be worth a try, since not strictly an 'appeal', just asking them to confirm receipt of the documents.

We are on a strict enough timeframe as it is at the moment though... Figured it was best not to **** around and to just get an new application started as soon as possible...

Another VISA rant.

We put in our application with the UK Embassy on the 13th of December.

Thinking at least if she doesn't get the VISA we will have enough time for the passport to arrive back to her and she can still go to France.

Nearly a Month later... Still haven't received her passport back from the UK Embassy... And she has her appointment for her Schengen Visa this Friday with the Greek Embassy (They have jurisdiction for France Visa's for Victorian residents for some reason...)

We tried to see if they can delay the VISA appointment for a week as it only takes about 5 days for a Schengen Visa... But they can't... In fact the closest appointment they can do is the 31st... Which is only 3 days before we leave for Europe.

Called up the UK Embassy, there is nothing they can do in regards to sending her VISA back and they can't even check the status of the application (Oh and I should add in it costs $12.50 a minuet to call them!!!)

We are now basically bugging the Greek Embassy every day in hope that an appointment comes available.

That really sucks Bonz. My sister had similar issues (Malaysian passport) many years ago now, and she eventually just said stuff it I'm getting an Aussie one instead and saving myself all the trouble.

It's just beyond frustrating at the moment....

We can't even go to the French Embassy in Sydney or Canberra because they signed over their jurisdiction.

You saved yourself a trip to the UK, be thankful.

I will still be going, it's my girlfriend who is struggling with the Visa...

That being said I can't imagine a better way to brag about the cricket than actually going all the way to England to gloat :p

And after all that panicking... All that stress...

We decided to bombard the Greek Embassy with phone calls...

She has her interview this morning (Without her passport), Gets her visa and is told to just come in on Tuesday and hand her passport in!!!!

Lesson in life, if you want something just keep annoying them until you get it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back