Opinion Effectiveness of the Board and Executive Leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing soccer has over our game- when fans/members constantly rock up to games with a stadium full of white hankies going Sheedy styles the club responds because said clubs know they're faarked if they continue with the same farrkin s**t week in week out

No. They were wooden spooners last year and being considered for a priority pick. They comprehensively beat us all over the ground at the contest. The only embarrassing thing is people continually making excuses for this broken club.
And Sydney lost to Richmond. And Carlton lost to Adelaide.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I care plenty…these sort of threads are a bit grandstand-y yeah?

If you don’t want to watch any more ring them, tell them why and cancel…they’ll get the message

Don’t care if it seems grandstandy.

If you read my post you will see what I want, to try to mobilise some collective people power. Where have I said I don’t want to watch. I simply want the executive and non-executive leadership to take a stand.

1 bad game and this is the reaction? FMD

It’s not one bad game. It’s year after year, hope followed by disappointment for 30 years.

We were smashed by the wooden spooners, comprehensively out played, by a team that simply wanted it more and won contest after contest.

Another season down the toilet at round 6.

Oh yeah…troll account that I’ve been running for 15 years including a couple as a mod on this board. It’s a long play for sure.
A little look at your most recent posts:
July 2023 - couple of jpeg snips of score and pressure rating in a loss to carlton (no words, just the jpeg)
May 2023 - JLo potshots
April 2023 - started a rumour about Bell and Longmuir tension
April 2023 - another loss, “this club is fundamentally broken” wah, wah, wah

And on it goes. Not a single positive post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because like us, they went in huge favourites and lost to much lesser teams. But the sky hasn't fallen in and they bounced back. Not guaranteed sure, but we might bounce back too.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not about losing, it’s the nature of the loss. They way they spanked us all over the ground, the fact that a guy in his 6th game was better tha. Any of our players. The way they smashed us at the contest all night. This is very different to the 2 games you are talking about.

This thread is really, really, really embarrassing. We got smashed by a s**t side because we had an off day, not because they are any good.

We just took it right up to two premiership contenders in Adelaide and consequently were dead flat this week. It happens. We are not the finished product.

I know a bunch of people are feeling embarrassed and irate because they told all their eagles mates at work that we would beat them by 100 points, but this is totally reactionary and irrational.

I've had me a few sprays here since last night's result, this is definitely turning up the dial quite a bit. You're not really deep-diving though and if you're going to create a new post you should do so, otherwise this belongs in the melt thread.

The reality is the season hasn't started like a train wreck - 3 straight wins, 2 hard fought losses against top teams and a classic Dockery bed-shitting.

I think one could make the summation that over 30 years, there's been a fair level of failure and inconsistency with the club - particularly patterns and trends of playing well briefly/against good opposition and then utterly failing when we should be winning. The forward line situation and goal kicking has more or less always been a catastrophe, regardless of the coaching we've had. In rare circumstances, fans may defect to another club or pull back entirely.

Overall, these are fair reasons to pull back from the footy - and that might be standard for moderate fans, but for people who post regularly on forums like this, it's less likely than likely that people really go through with a full desertion - sometimes people take breaks but these types of reactions are normally a way of dealing with the intense frustration with a situation that's completely out of their control.

What 'message' are you hoping to send? Sack the coach? Sure, some people would like that but I doubt it solves problems in the short/medium-term. Change the list? We've mostly got a talented, healthy list and any changes can only occur in the future - drafting hasn't really been an issue and the terrible trades of the past happened under the Lyon/Rosich era.

The truth is there is bugger all messages that we can send, people aren't calling for JL's head en masse and even if you don't like him, calling for his head is premature at this stage of the season - I'd say missing out on finals/taking a step back later this season and you'll start hearing the humdrum. The club aren't idiots - they know the fans and the AFL want to see more goals, and no amount of pressure is going to tip JL into changing the gameplan a certain way that he already wasn't going to explore anyway.

My advice? Don't make this club your everything - I made that mistake in my 20's when I should've been cultivating other interests as well. Now I'm into my late 30's I'm making up for lost time. Enjoy the game as much as you can while you have time on planet earth, because there's no guarantee they play this game in heaven as regularly as we'd like.

A little look at your most recent posts:
July 2023 - couple of jpeg snips of score and pressure rating in a loss to carlton (no words, just the jpeg)
May 2023 - JLo potshots
April 2023 - started a rumour about Bell and Longmuir tension
April 2023 - another loss, “this club is fundamentally broken” wah, wah, wah

And on it goes. Not a single positive post.

oh I see. I must have missed the rules about positive posts. Now back on topic.

What 'message' are you hoping to send? Sack the coach? Sure, some people would like that but I doubt it solves problems in the short/medium-term. Change the list? We've mostly got a talented, healthy list and any changes can only occur in the future - drafting hasn't really been an issue and the terrible trades of the past happened under the Lyon/Rosich era.

The truth is there is bugger all messages that we can send, people aren't calling for JL's head en masse and even if you don't like him, calling for his head is premature at this stage of the season - I'd say missing out on finals/taking a step back later this season and you'll start hearing the humdrum. The club aren't idiots - they know the fans and the AFL want to see more goals, and no amount of pressure is going to tip JL into changing the gameplan a certain way that he already wasn't going to explore anyway.

Haven’t mentioned the coach once, he may be a problem but he is a symptom of a broader issue.

The message is principally one of questioning the effectiveness of the Board and their ability to effectively lay down and lead a successful strategy.

This thread is really, really, really embarrassing. We got smashed by a s**t side because we had an off day, not because they are any good.

We just took it right up to two premiership contenders in Adelaide and consequently were dead flat this week. It happens. We are not the finished product.

I know a bunch of people are feeling embarrassed and irate because they told all their eagles mates at work that we would beat them by 100 points, but this is totally reactionary and irrational.

No. It’s not one game, it’s year after year of the same s**t served up with slightly different accompaniments.

This is not about West Coast beyond the fact that they are the reigning wooden spooners and they absolutely smashed us.

This season is done, mark it.

Enjoy the game as much as you can while you have time on planet earth, because there's no guarantee they play this game in heaven as regularly as we'd like.

If there was just one sentence that summed up the positive outlook we need after a derby loss, this is it. Brilliant work Stingo.

So many full of P&W. All bluff and bluster.
How many of you are actually going to take time to call the club or write an email to spew your venom.
I will tell not one.
And in case you wonder, P&W stands for piss and wind.
Been there done that over 15 yrs ago . Contacted club and got a polical response of club doing it all it can and dabs need to be patient

So no there is no point contacting the club

If we still upset at end of year we should just simply not renew membership

And in meantime don’t spend any money on merch or in anyway support them financially

If they turn it around then fine

Othwuse I personally will be boy ve watching football at afl level for a long time . Will go watch grad roots footy instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back