Remove this Banner Ad

Grimes Gaspar Newman
Vlaustin Rance Houli
Cameron Knights Edwards
Martin Richardson Brown
Lambert Riewoldt Deledio
Maric Cotchin Coughlan
Ottens Bowden Prestia Foley

If you're born January 1 2000, how old are you at January 1 2020?
When a batter walks to the crease are they on 0 or 1 before they score a run?

You're God. Create a universe. On the first day, is it Year 1 or Year 0?

Or

Decide to start numbering the years from a particular event in History. Let's say we choose today. So everything resets. Is today's date 1/1/0000 or 1/1/0001?

There was no Year Zero.

1 is the first number
2 is the 2nd
9 is the 9th
So 2019 is the 19th year
The millennium ended on the 31 -12 -2000,,, not 1999
In this case there are 365 1/4 days that make up #1 so what your saying is lets just ignore the components that make up the number.

FB: Vlastuin Astbury Grimes
HB: Bowden Rance Houli
C: Deledio Prestia Knights
HF: Brown Riewoldt Edwards
FF: Ottens Richo Krakouer
R: Maric Cotchin Martin
I: Newman Caddy Lambert Rioli

Note; Darren Gaspar was a bit before my time so i don’t remember much anout him. When i fest started watching footy he was in and out of the team while our young defenders- who were mcguane and thursfield at the time, were taking his spot
Very slow winger there...

You're God. Create a universe. On the first day, is it Year 1 or Year 0?

Or

Decide to start numbering the years from a particular event in History. Let's say we choose today. So everything resets. Is today's date 1/1/0000 or 1/1/0001?

There was no Year Zero.
It's the first day, after 365.25 days it is the end of the first year.

If we were to reset the date for everything to today it would be 1/1/0000 as we haven't completed a year yet.

When your child is born are the 1 years old?

It's the first day, after 365.25 days it is the end of the first year.

If we were to reset the date for everything to today it would be 1/1/0000 as we haven't completed a year yet.

When your child is born are the 1 years old?

That's logically incorrect. Following that reasoning, if we were to reset the date for everything to today, it would be 0/0/0000 since we haven't completed a day, or a month either. So tomorrow would be 1/0/0000 - even though it would be the second day.
When we quote 'today's date' we are saying 'today is the first day, of the first month, of the first year'. We are describing the current conditions.

When describing how old some one is, we say how many years they have completed. A child may be 0 years old, but they are in their first year of life.
There are different usages for different situations. eg - education - 'I've completed 2 years - I'm in my 3rd year'. Both are valid, but both use slightly different methods, and both are appropriate for slightly different reasons.

The fact is - historically, there was no Year Zero (in the Gregorian Christian calendar we use). So the first 10 years after Jesus was born (allegedly) started at the beginning of Year 1. And finished at the end of Year 10. And every decade has followed since then.

It is odd that this decade argument (and century/millenium argument that happened in 2000) still pops up - even though everyone accepts and understands that we are currently in the 21st century - despite the current years beginning 20--.

That's logically incorrect. Following that reasoning, if we were to reset the date for everything to today, it would be 0/0/0000 since we haven't completed a day, or a month either. So tomorrow would be 1/0/0000 - even though it would be the second day.
When we quote 'today's date' we are saying 'today is the first day, of the first month, of the first year'. We are describing the current conditions.

When describing how old some one is, we say how many years they have completed. A child may be 0 years old, but they are in their first year of life.
There are different usages for different situations. eg - education - 'I've completed 2 years - I'm in my 3rd year'. Both are valid, but both use slightly different methods, and both are appropriate for slightly different reasons.

The fact is - historically, there was no Year Zero (in the Gregorian Christian calendar we use). So the first 10 years after Jesus was born (allegedly) started at the beginning of Year 1. And finished at the end of Year 10. And every decade has followed since then.

It is odd that this decade argument (and century/millenium argument that happened in 2000) still pops up - even though everyone accepts and understands that we are currently in the 21st century - despite the current years beginning 20--.
So we all agree that we're 20 years into the century then?

B Nick Vlastuin Alex Rance Dylan Grimes Bachar Houli Joel Bowden Leon Cameron

M Wayne Campbell Trent Cotchin Brett Deledio

F Matthew Richardson Nathan Brown Josh Caddy Jason Castagna Jack Riewoldt Daniel Rioli

R Brad Ottens Toby Nankervis Matthew Knights

I Shane Edwards Kane Lambert Dustin Martin Dion Prestia

B: Grimes, Astbury, Kellaway
HB: Houli, Rance, Vlastuin
C: Richardson, Deledio, Knights
HF: Bowden, Riewoldt, Edwards
F: Martin, Lynch, Castagna
R: Ottens, Cotchin, Campbell
I/C: Prestia, Newman, Lambert, Nathan Brown.

Don't care about rules, Lynch is in the team lol

Book im Dano!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[TD valign="top"]B[/TD][TD valign="top"]Joel Bowden[/TD][TD valign="top"]Darren Gaspar[/TD][TD valign="top"]Dylan Grimes[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HB[/TD][TD valign="top"]Nick Vlastuin[/TD][TD valign="top"]Alex Rance[/TD][TD valign="top"]Bachar Houli[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]C[/TD][TD valign="top"]Wayne Campbell[/TD][TD valign="top"]Matthew Knights[/TD][TD valign="top"]Brett Deledio[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HF[/TD][TD valign="top"]Shane Edwards[/TD][TD valign="top"]Brad Ottens[/TD][TD valign="top"]Nathan Brown[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]F[/TD][TD valign="top"]Jack Riewoldt[/TD][TD valign="top"]Matthew Richardson[/TD][TD valign="top"]Daniel Rioli[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]R[/TD][TD valign="top"]Toby Nankervis[/TD][TD valign="top"]Dustin Martin[/TD][TD valign="top"]Trent Cotchin[/TD]
Interchange: Leon Cameron, Dion Prestia, Mark Coughlan, Ivan Maric

Emerg: Chris Newman Matthew Rogers Kane Johnson

I have a couple of Caveats.

Gaspar, as good as he was, only comes in because frankly we are shy another quality KP Back. I have Bowden there also, to back him up ( just in case we need to run the ball through for behind ;)). Astbury has played in two Premiership sides and is very unlucky not be named in the squad in my opinion.

Rucks are tricky. Ottens proved at Geelong he was the player we wanted, a Ruck who could play as a forward. Whilst we had him he was a forward whom played a bit in the Ruck. For that reason only I have him at CHF. I want this team to win, so I want Nank in the Ruck to replicate the magic he produced with Cotch and Dusty. Maric on the bench is a spiritual leader, though I would be happy to run Ottens as back up Ruck and bring in Kane Johnson if pressed.

Interchange assumes unlimited interchange. Coughlan should be in the side, but would happily rotate him with Dusty and Knights. Cogs was dead-set champion cruelled by injury. Prestia is probably still a bit lucky, that said, he's a figgen two time premiership player who performed when it matter under duress. Cameron can play anywhere, a more beautiful kick on either stump I am yet to see. Was a great winger at the Dogs, but as back pocket at the Tiges, he came into his own with those long spearing passes over the opposition's wall - in today's football, he breaks the lines.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back