Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Billy Brownless on the FS has just said something that was very inappropriate.........love you Billy but that was dumb.

The wife and I at the same time said how bad his comment was.........not even Sammy would have said that.
WTF CFC!!
And..........
Info man info.

By the way can you believe what Pendles said about Bucks in the rooms after the game. Not a good look for the club don't you think?

There you go, taste some of your own medicine you tease.

WTF CFC!!
And..........
Info man info.

By the way can you believe what Pendles said about Bucks in the rooms after the game. Not a good look for the club don't you think?

Missed that Otto. Can you please enlighten us?

Oh and by the way, if your question was genuine, then all I can say is stop skimming and read in detail. :)
I was trying to make a point to our tease of a poster CFC2010.

:(I wasn't skimming.

You mention Pendles and I sit up and pay attention.

Billy Brownless doesnt have the same effect.:cool:

:(I wasn't skimming.

You mention Pendles and I sit up and pay attention.

Billy Brownless doesnt have the same effect.:cool:
Your not fooling me. You were skimming.

You see this is the issue I have with you mods. Your more than happy to take the money. I imagine part of the 500 dollars you asked me to deposit into the bank account that you told me goes to you. Yet when it comes to doing your well paid job your all blasé about it.

Your not fooling me. You were skimming.

You see this is the issue I have with you mods. Your more than happy to take the money. I imagine part of the 500 dollars you asked me to deposit into the bank account that you told me goes to you. Yet when it comes to doing your well paid job your all blasé about it.

You too Otto? You've joined the mob baying for our blood. I cant take much more of this. Two-threaded monsters and now complaints from the plebs about paying for favouritism.:(

WTF CFC!!
And..........
Info man info.

Sorry people didn't mean to leave you hanging........

Unfortunately or fortunately the FS has not left that part in the link above.
Bill basically asks the guy who won the sausage eating comp if he had a single sister to go around.

Yes it was a bad joke but everyone didn't know how to react........I guess that is why it is not in the highlights package.

Now tell me what that Pr#%k Pendles said to Bucks in the rooms? :mad::p

When I first learned English, I enjoyed discovering a new word everyday.

I was reading someone's tweet today and they used the words 'guffaw' and 'chortle' in the one sentence.

Hadn't heard or seen those words for years and think they are two great words to describe laughing.
You may recall the word guffaw was used to describe Kim Beazley and laughing - particularly him.

What do people think is the biggest rivalry in sport? You start thinking soccer, and rightfully (errr wrong) because it is the world game and does have some of the best rivalries, but not the most intense. IMO you've got to think of a game we are familiar with, cricket. The biggest rivalry is so intense they can't play against each other in their home country. And they are about to play a final. Battle the hatches peeps the ICC cricket final will be between India v Pakistan barring Bangladesh causing a massive upset, and even then fifty years ago Pakistan committed an awful genocide in Bangladesh which would make that game more interesting too, but not nearly as India and Pakistan.

When the world cup was in Oz 2 years ago, Pakistan played India in a game at the Adelaide Oval. Every dot ball was cheered. Forget any football game, - grand final, - any great test matches before it it had nothing on the angst - the tensions - in the crowd for when these two near war torn nations played against each other.

Might have to make a Vindaloo for in the slow cooker for this one... Haven't been watching the ICC cause 50 overs is a dieing game it but when they play each other from an outsiders perspective it's a lot of fun...

What do people think is the biggest rivalry in sport? You start thinking soccer, and rightfully (errr wrong) because it is the world game and does have some of the best rivalries, but not the most intense. IMO you've got to think of a game we are familiar with, cricket. The biggest rivalry is so intense they can't play against each other in their home country. And they are about to play a final. Battle the hatches peeps the ICC cricket final will be between India v Pakistan barring Bangladesh causing a massive upset, and even then fifty years ago Pakistan committed an awful genocide in Bangladesh which would make that game more interesting too, but not nearly as India and Pakistan.

When the world cup was in Oz 2 years ago, Pakistan played India in a game at the Adelaide Oval. Every dot ball was cheered. Forget any football game, - grand final, - any great test matches before it it had nothing on the angst - the tensions - in the crowd for when these two near war torn nations played against each other.

Might have to make a Vindaloo for in the slow cooker for this one... Haven't been watching the ICC cause 50 overs is a dieing game it but when they play each other from an outsiders perspective it's a lot of fun...
Good to see England failed to perform when Messrs Duckworth and Lewis were not involved

Try the Copa de America

Taking it to a whole different level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real Madrid v Barcelona.

A rivalry played out on several dimensions simultaneously.

Haven't watched much cricket the past 10 years. Generally liked the Indian cricket team over the years. They make me think of Tendulkar and Laxman as a player. Forgot all about the recent series and the stain that is Virat. :) How could I forget, hope either Bangladesh or the Paki's knock them over. From the opposition perspective Virat is such a loathesome prick if Pakistan go down to them in a final I wouldn't be surprized if they drop a nuke because Virat pushed their prez over the edge.

Haven't watched much cricket the past 10 years. Generally liked the Indian cricket team over the years. They make me think of Tendulkar and Laxman as a player. Forgot all about the recent series and the stain that is Virat. :) How could I forget, hope either Bangladesh or the Paki's knock them over. From the opposition perspective Virat is such a loathesome prick if Pakistan go down to them in a final I wouldn't be surprized if they drop a nuke because Virat pushed their prez over the edge.
Could you name a greatest Australian team ever?
I like that sort of thing.
My team below.
But note my team does not buy into that nonsense of more bowlers less batsmen ie all rounder who struggles to bat well enough.

My side based on their careers, their abilities, averages do count to some degree as a marker, and Steve Smith looks like he will push into the side one day if he continues as he has. I prefer mon 20 tests even 25 tests to get a good feel, then I look at their overall offering eg S Waugh can bowl just a bit and field.

The openers are no brainers, both to me clearly pick themselves, it's one area a future opener can contend for a spot. Averages for openers show Hayden only one in 50s and Ponsford very high averages.

The first drop picks himself. You reckon? Greatest of all time by so far that there is nothing to add.
Middle order was tricky because a case can be made by quite a few but the second drop overall to me is our greatest ever batsman after Bradman ofcourse. Quite a few are very unlucky but Ponting just fell away a bit, N Harvey, S Smith all worthy. Stan McCabe unlucky too. But Waugh can bowl better than the others and is out best ever captain, killer instinct and is the teams vice captain. Also had a bit of flair when required
Victor Trumper is the other unlucky player, a Gilchrist type of his time, but his average 39 makes him a no, granted different times but at the end averages are a marker to be considered. Must be 40 s as minimum and 50s is special.

Keeper goes to the guy who changed work keeping and the game in many ways. Had world record. Unlucky is Rod Marsh, Ian Healey, Wally Grout for technique, Don Tallon (last two keepers to weak as batsmen to be picked.)

Bowlers are pretty straight forward with Miller also a star Bat, Lillee as great as any fast bowler with Lindwall another all time great. Better bat than the unlucky McGrath. Davidson unlucky too. Spofforth really unlucky but just not enough tests to be included, shame because he was the demon of the early days in bowling.

Spinners we are blessed with three of the greatest ever spinners in O Reilly, Warne and Grimmett. But O'Relillys record is superior to Warne and inclusive to first class cricket. Warne changed cricket was brilliant but O'Reilly was better.

• M Hayden
  • W Ponsford
  • D Bradman (c)
  • G Chappell
  • A Border
  • S Waugh
  • A Gilchrist ^
  • K Miller
  • R Lindwall
  • D Lillee
  • W O'Reilly

If you had to take a squad of 17 meaning 6 more players broken down as two batsmen, 3 bowlers, 1 keeper is the usual thing:

R Ponting, S Smith, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath, R Marsh.

On that basis my next best Australia XI:

R Simpson (c), A Morris, R Ponting, S Smith, S McCabe, N Harvey, R Marsh ^, A Davidson, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath

Could you name a greatest Australian team ever?
I like that sort of thing.
My team below.
But note my team does not buy into that nonsense of more bowlers less batsmen ie all rounder who struggles to bat well enough.

My side based on their careers, their abilities, averages do count to some degree as a marker, and Steve Smith looks like he will push into the side one day if he continues as he has. I prefer mon 20 tests even 25 tests to get a good feel, then I look at their overall offering eg S Waugh can bowl just a bit and field.

The openers are no brainers, both to me clearly pick themselves, it's one area a future opener can contend for a spot. Averages for openers show Hayden only one in 50s and Ponsford very high averages.

The first drop picks himself. You reckon? Greatest of all time by so far that there is nothing to add.
Middle order was tricky because a case can be made by quite a few but the second drop overall to me is our greatest ever batsman after Bradman ofcourse. Quite a few are very unlucky but Ponting just fell away a bit, N Harvey, S Smith all worthy. Stan McCabe unlucky too. But Waugh can bowl better than the others and is out best ever captain, killer instinct and is the teams vice captain. Also had a bit of flair when required
Victor Trumper is the other unlucky player, a Gilchrist type of his time, but his average 39 makes him a no, granted different times but at the end averages are a marker to be considered. Must be 40 s as minimum and 50s is special.

Keeper goes to the guy who changed work keeping and the game in many ways. Had world record. Unlucky is Rod Marsh, Ian Healey, Wally Grout for technique, Don Tallon (last two keepers to weak as batsmen to be picked.)

Bowlers are pretty straight forward with Miller also a star Bat, Lillee as great as any fast bowler with Lindwall another all time great. Better bat than the unlucky McGrath. Davidson unlucky too. Spofforth really unlucky but just not enough tests to be included, shame because he was the demon of the early days in bowling.

Spinners we are blessed with three of the greatest ever spinners in O Reilly, Warne and Grimmett. But O'Relillys record is superior to Warne and inclusive to first class cricket. Warne changed cricket was brilliant but O'Reilly was better.

• M Hayden
  • W Ponsford
  • D Bradman (c)
  • G Chappell
  • A Border
  • S Waugh
  • A Gilchrist ^
  • K Miller
  • R Lindwall
  • D Lillee
  • W O'Reilly

If you had to take a squad of 17 meaning 6 more players broken down as two batsmen, 3 bowlers, 1 keeper is the usual thing:

R Ponting, S Smith, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath, R Marsh.

On that basis my next best Australia XI:

R Simpson (c), A Morris, R Ponting, S Smith, S McCabe, N Harvey, R Marsh ^, A Davidson, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath

Ill do my best sife for u when have time lobr this sory of thing too.

1. Hayden (matchwinner)
2. Langer (Haydos needs his little mate and Langers fields well at Short leg)
3. Ponting (matchwinner)
4. Border (match saver)
5. Steve Waugh (Capt)
6. Mark Waugh (never dropped a catch and in this side you could put up with his batting mishaps)
7. Gilly (matchwinner)
8. Warne (matchwinner)
9. Mc Grath (if you have Warne you have to have Ooo Ahh)
10. Lillee (matchwinner...intimidator)
11. Alderman (best swing bowler I've seen and a great gully fielder as well....couldn't bat to save himself)

12. Andrew Symonds (best fieldsman I've ever seen....matchwinner sub fielder!)

Didn't go the Bradman, Lindwall, Ponsfords types because this team is just so well balanced

1. Hayden (matchwinner)
2. Langer (Haydos needs his little mate and Langers fields well at Short leg)
3. Ponting (matchwinner)
4. Border (match saver)
5. Steve Waugh (Capt)
6. Mark Waugh (never dropped a catch and in this side you could put up with his batting mishaps)
7. Gilly (matchwinner)
8. Warne (matchwinner)
9. Mc Grath (if you have Warne you have to have Ooo Ahh)
10. Lillee (matchwinner...intimidator)
11. Alderman (best swing bowler I've seen and a great gully fielder as well....couldn't bat to save himself)

12. Andrew Symonds (best fieldsman I've ever seen....matchwinner sub fielder!)

Didn't go the Bradman, Lindwall, Ponsfords types because this team is just so well balanced
Really good team, Mark Waugh just not that good overall.

Bradman balances any side better than with out him :)
Top class fieldsman too

Tour de France starting

Fantastic

Every day just fabulous.

Now for the whack!
Which numbskull has decided that Phil liggett the greatest ever cycling commentator should make way for some one else?
Numbskulls!

Well my iPhone died. Wont turn on.

My goodness are the new ones expensive. :eek: $1200 wowee.

eBay be your friend.
But do not buy any that have no "fingerprint" access.
Or any that offer different hard drive sizes or colours.
Or any from OS.
Look for people who have upgraded, have near on 100% feedback, and haven't been selling several units.
I've never bought a new iPhone for me or the mrs, or iPads.
Never had an issue with any I've purchased but you need to research and not jump on the first one you see.
I remember years ago I was waiting for the white iPhone 4 to come out. eBay had one for sale. Strange I thought.......so I contacted the seller and to their credit they admitted it was a fake.
Beware, but there are gems to be had if you look hard enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back