Play Nice The Other Codes - Participation, Admin, Ratings, Crowds etc

Remove this Banner Ad

So, let's quote the AFL grand final as a series or at least add the thousands watching at Punt Rd etc.
It doesn't matter what you quote - just compare apples with apples.
People pay to get into the tennis. Rod Laver arena is the main stadium.

Attendance figures for both are relevant.

The idea you cannot simultaneously report Rod Laver arena figures, and total attendance figures is ridiculous. People watching at Punt road arent paying the AFL. Its like saying you need to include all the people watching at pubs.

People watching at Punt road arent paying the AFL.

So what? Where does it say that attendances must be at a paying event? It's all at the same precinct watching the same event.
All I'm saying is that is misleading not to compare apples with apples.
So the tennis compares to racecourses where there are a number events on the same day.
Cricket has single day attendances and test attendances the same for F1.
The NRL tried doubleheaders in an attempt to boost averages.

Foremost among the deal terms is a 53 percent increase in total cash compensation, consisting of base salary, additional performance bonuses, prize pools for newly created in-season competitions, and league and team marketing deals. Under the new CBA, the league’s top players will be able to earn cash compensation in excess of $500,000, representing a more than tripling of the maximum compensation under the prior deal. Other top players will have an opportunity to earn between $200,000 and $300,000. And for the first time in WNBA history, the average cash compensation for players will exceed six figures, averaging nearly $130,000, resulting in an increase for all players from rookies to veterans.

Foremost among the deal terms is a 53 percent increase in total cash compensation, consisting of base salary, additional performance bonuses, prize pools for newly created in-season competitions, and league and team marketing deals. Under the new CBA, the league’s top players will be able to earn cash compensation in excess of $500,000, representing a more than tripling of the maximum compensation under the prior deal. Other top players will have an opportunity to earn between $200,000 and $300,000. And for the first time in WNBA history, the average cash compensation for players will exceed six figures, averaging nearly $130,000, resulting in an increase for all players from rookies to veterans.
While this will not have any direct affect in Australia, you would think it would work its way through the system and put upward pressure on pay deals.

May also reduce Americans coming to the WNBL. The bottom players will not need to pad their wages, and will be more concerned about being kept out of the WNBA by injury.

Does make a basketball career much more enticing for the likes of Monique Conti.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

The article below discusses Womens Rugby in Australia.
A summary of who gets paid what and when against the background of the professional AFLW game where ALL of the players get paid something.
The 2020 launch of the 5 team 15 a side Super W League which sees the players get paid ZERO.
The National 15 a side Womens Team -Walleroos get PAID.
The National 7 a side Womens team get PAID.
This means that the Walleroos Squad of say of 26 and the Sevens Squad of say 20 get paid, which makes a total of say 46 out of how many receive a salary.
So boiled down I dont think Womens Rugby is any threat to the AFLW at this time from the money angle.

The NRLW is a different picture. TBA.

The article below discusses Womens Rugby in Australia.
A summary of who gets paid what and when against the background of the professional AFLW game where ALL of the players get paid something.
The 2020 launch of the 5 team 15 a side Super W League which sees the players get paid ZERO.
The National 15 a side Womens Team -Walleroos get PAID.
The National 7 a side Womens team get PAID.
This means that the Walleroos Squad of say of 26 and the Sevens Squad of say 20 get paid, which makes a total of say 46 out of how many receive a salary.
So boiled down I dont think Womens Rugby is any threat to the AFLW at this time from the money angle.

The NRLW is a different picture. TBA.

Looks like a squad of 13 in the 7s. This is full time program

Important to note that Walleroos are paid per game (from memory $1K per game) and it looks like they played 4 matches last year

Women's rugby has next to no impact on the AFLW. I would say if anything the 7s program might deprive the NRLW of some top end players.

Looks like a squad of 13 in the 7s. This is full time program

Important to note that Walleroos are paid per game (from memory $1K per game) and it looks like they played 4 matches last year

Women's rugby has next to no impact on the AFLW. I would say if anything the 7s program might deprive the NRLW of some top end players.
In my limited knowledge of Rugby I think the Sevens use Backline Players particularly the Wingers who are generally quicker then the forwards. We had Rugby players in our family group in Perth.
A squad of 13 seems a bit light but they run in straight lines so injuries maybe lower and finances also a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back