The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Started building the Friends Andrea's Mansion set. This is the first ever Friends set I think to be exclusive to lego.com and the Stores, and the first retail Friends set to have all five original friends in it. You'll be pleased to know they all went on to bigger and better things, as explained in the instructions ;).

The first three bags contain a satisfying amount of Technic for the car and garage. As with all Friends sets, each bag contains pieces in at least 1,000 different colours, making Friends the most difficult of builds for me. Definitely earns its 16+ age rating.

It'll look good in my modular street, next to Diagon Alley and the Museum. My town planning skills could get me a job on any council in the country...

Lego bloody confuses me.
When I went in store to purchase some Mario sets, they asked if i was a member. Im like yeah rewards member, insights whatever. Apparently that doesn't count in store?

So its the Lego brand... but being an online memberis different depending on which Lego store you buy online from? and again different than being an in-store member?

Lego bloody confuses me.
When I went in store to purchase some Mario sets, they asked if i was a member. Im like yeah rewards member, insights whatever. Apparently that doesn't count in store?

So its the Lego brand... but being an online memberis different depending on which Lego store you buy online from? and again different than being an in-store member?
Yes. Annoyingly in Australia the Lego Stores are franchised and not owned by Lego. They do have their own member program which works exactly the same way as Lego's, but the two are not interchangeable.

To further confuse things the Chadstone and Dreamworld shops are different again (different franchisees).

So, register online (free) at lego.com for Insiders to get benefits for shopping there, and register online or in-store (also free) for the Certified Stores membership if you shop there. The latter is worth it as they do have member offers different (and better) than lego.com. The membership works in all their stores.

Yes. Annoyingly in Australia the Lego Stores are franchised and not owned by Lego. They do have their own member program which works exactly the same way as Lego's, but the two are not interchangeable.

To further confuse things the Chadstone and Dreamworld shops are different again (different franchisees).

So, register online (free) at lego.com for Insiders to get benefits for shopping there, and register online or in-store (also free) for the Certified Stores membership if you shop there. The latter is worth it as they do have member offers different (and better) than lego.com. The membership works in all their stores.
Just absolutely ridiculous for accumulating points for potential discounts. Your 6 in one basked, half a dozen in the other.

Im going to get around to completing the starter course. Surrounded by the bowser car, giant bowser and the castle boss battle i have to put together.
I think there are new versions of the starter courses coming in August - there are new sets with the interactive figures in them - 71439 (Mario), 71440 (Luigi) and 71441 (Peach).

I think there are new versions of the starter courses coming in August - there are new sets with the interactive figures in them - 71439 (Mario), 71440 (Luigi) and 71441 (Peach).
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back