Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I am suspicious that the tigers are looking to move him on,if they aren't and we wanted to keep him I'd say to Dustin and only Dustin not his silly ******* entrouge "Dustin how did you enjoy your time at Richmond?"
"Terrific well one day you'll be able to look back when you played in big games in front of the big crowds.
At least you'll remember mate because nobody else will. You left right before Richmond played finals repeatedly and what's more, you didn't even play 100 games there.
Nobody will remember you,you're just another name lost in Richmonds vast history,No name on a locker,no name on a board,No photo, it's like you never really played there at all isn't it really? Just another nondescript nobody that played 80 odd games here and 80 odd there,another 30 odd elsewhere and forgotten about by The time you are 35."
Good luck in Sydney old son"
Now he strikes me as a pretty simple kid.Forget the money,the facilities,the parties.Thats what I'd say to him.
If I didn't get the response I'd expect or hoped for well then he's a lost cause.
Something needs to turn the light on.

I can definitely see the positive in that, no doubt.
I just think we could do with another quality midfielder, especially with Martin (and Tuck) leaving.
Adams is a very good replacement for Tuck in my opinion.
Is a tackling machine and uses the ball very well by foot, from what I've seen anyway.

I'd still be keen on adams... but we were before the whole dusty saga. If we could trade him in for maybe our first pick and another player and upgrade our second pick to GWS's we could score a decent midfielder in the draft at 19/20.

Harmichael said: ↑
Hislop & Pettifer the other two knobs there btw.

Fevola was getting the bourbon and bucket bongs

When we were in koh samui we drank the Mekong redbull and coke all trip. Wow was that a drink!! Saw the drunkest man ever on that shit! And the redbull was syrup in a bottle like mercurochrome.

They aren't offering Dusty less than what he was earning.
The increase in wage just isn't that much, thats all.
Was on an estimated 450 per season and we are now offering 500-550 per season.

Ok I saw someone say he was on 600k last 2 years...

Read their press release T71- it specifically says there will be no further comment on the matter from RFC

That's says a lot IMO.

I am off to bed but I will leave you guys with this as I had a fairly long chat with my source tonight. I am not going to rehash old news as most get the picture of how the negotiations broke down etc. Firstly and ill say this again, Conca is a lock which is fantastic. Secondly Dusty has till EOB Friday to give us his answer, if he does not we trade him.

My source believes and trust me he would know. That GWS are considering Dusty and have not made a decision as of yet. Also todays circus was exactly that, a circus ( It was more to show the world that "Hey players want to come to us!" from GWS and Carr " "Hey Richmond we are serious!"). If Buddy is going to GWS then there is no way, none that they will take Dusty and also Fisher on. So they have a lot to work through. They will trade Adams, we actually have a solid working relationship with GWS. People forget Choco is well respected over there.

Choco has given his old employer his opinion on what's best for Dusty, that carried a lot of weight from what I have been told. Our players went hammer and tong today giving Dusty a clear message. If he does not accept the deal before him he will be gone as they players will not want him back. One of the reasons I believe richo came out today and spoke.

From my source the club still has not given up hope that Dusty will see sense but they also have plans set in place if he does go. The coaching group believes we are so close with player personnel to being a consistent finals side that will threaten to make a GF.

The thing that gave me most confidence. We have planned for the day if we had to replace Dusty this since the Conner's incident.

Lastly when I asked whats to stop GWS asking Dusty to go into the PSD the answer was simple. All he said to me was "Choco and Leon will make sure if we do trade dusty and I stress he said IF, they will make sure a fair deal is done".

Make of that what you will. I'm off to pork the misses to make me feel better.

Night

Tigerland said:
Let's play movie matchups​
* Three Men and a baby​
* Once were warriors​
* Trouble & Strife​
* Hancock​
* Speed​
* Silence of the lambs​
* The jerk​
* Bad boys​
* Gangster squad​
* Reservior dogs​
* Public Enemies​
* For a few dollars more​
* Face/Off​
* The Color of Money​
* Sin City​
* Backdraft​
And my personal fav...​
* The expendables​
Dumb and Dumber?

Get Smart.

I think I know which one is Hymie

'Hop to it hymie'

'kill the lights hymie'

Ah the memories.

Give number 4 to Conca when he signs...

relegate dusty back to 36 until he leaves...
Reece keeps 30. 30 is a revered number at Punt Road and anyone would be proud to wear it.

Robbo and ox said tonight that they were under the impression it was the Martin camp (ie not Carr) that called up some clubs and said "dusty might move for the right price" and THAT was when we pulled the offer.

I want to trade him anyway, but now I think we need to get him out of our club. Clearly a toxic influence.

Actuallly ox didn't say that he thought that Carr made inquiries. Or that was what I thought.

That's says a lot IMO.

I am off to bed but I will leave you guys with this as I had a fairly long chat with my source tonight. I am not going to rehash old news as most get the picture of how the negotiations broke down etc. Firstly and ill say this again, Conca is a lock which is fantastic. Secondly Dusty has till EOB Friday to give us his answer, if he does not we trade him.

My source believes and trust me he would know. That GWS are considering Dusty and have not made a decision as of yet. Also todays circus was exactly that, a circus ( It was more to show the world that "Hey players want to come to us!" from GWS and Carr " "Hey Richmond we are serious!"). If Buddy is going to GWS then there is no way, none that they will take Dusty and also Fisher on. So they have a lot to work through. They will trade Adams, we actually have a solid working relationship with GWS. People forget Choco is well respected over there.

Choco has given his old employer his opinion on what's best for Dusty, that carried a lot of weight from what I have been told. Our players went hammer and tong today giving Dusty a clear message. If he does not accept the deal before him he will be gone as they players will not want him back. One of the reasons I believe richo came out today and spoke.

From my source the club still has not given up hope that Dusty will see sense but they also have plans set in place if he does go. The coaching group believes we are so close with player personnel to being a consistent finals side that will threaten to make a GF.

The thing that gave me most confidence. We have planned for the day if we had to replace Dusty this since the Conner's incident.

Lastly when I asked whats to stop GWS asking Dusty to go into the PSD the answer was simple. All he said to me was "Choco and Leon will make sure if we do trade dusty and I stress he said IF, they will make sure a fair deal is done".

Night
Thanks dude, night and have fun getting your willy wet!

That's says a lot IMO.

Night

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop vilifying the kid. If he wants to go to Sydney and live with his dad and be anonymous then good luck to him. It's sets us back a little but we've built plenty of off field momentum, we'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Um he is a back stabber, he is vilifying himself.

Can't tour a clubs facilities and tell me he's still a chance to stay with us. He's gone, I don't really know how I feel about it all. Does he have mates at Richmond? Has he fallen out with someone?? There's surely a lot more that we don't know, its just hard to fathom he could leave us.
Didn't Adams tour ours this week though?

That's says a lot IMO.

Night
I thoroughly respect your honesty, you have been on this from day dot. I believed you when you said Dusty was going to sign, I still think he will. Just a couple of things, i bolded some of your text, firstly, what did you mean by the players went hammer and tong today giving Dusty a clear message?
Secondly, what did Richo say???

Guys, I can't be bothered trawling backwards through this thread and it may not have even been mentioned, but can someone please name all the AFL Players this Ralph Carr represents?

I'm curious...

TIA
Cheers

Guys, I can't be bothered trawling backwards through this thread and it may not have even been mentioned, but can someone please name all the AFL Players this Ralph Carr represents?

I'm curious...

TIA
Cheers

Travis Cloke
Dustin Martin
Nick Haynes (GWS)
Mason Wood (North)

Have to say it was underwhelming seeing Martin getting a tour of Skoda Stadium.

Fancy leaving to play in that crap hole, when almost every week you play in one of the greatest stadium in the world, the mighty mcg. I wonder how it felt to be driven out to western Sydney, some 1 hour away from the bright lights of Sydney central.

And to play for a plastic artificial club that nobody cares about, in front of about 10,000 people LOL. Well done Dusty, you really hit the big time kid.

Seriously, this kid really is disturbed. Did Carr hypnotise him or something ffs...

Dusty and Cloke.
Hopefully just Cloke soon.

I'm curious...

TIA
Cheers

Mason Wood and Nick Haynes also.

I think Brodie Grundy as well if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back