The Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

This really should be a bit of a one sided affair. Although the Lions are a bit of an unknown, I expect Rutherglen to really struggle this year after a poor year last year and no big gains with some key losses. Hopefully it is close though and they can spark up a big rivalry

wahgunyah were a bit to good for the young cats. They said it was the biggest crowd they have had at Rutherglen as long as anyone can remember. A big blue after the half time siren involved everyone on the ground and a wahgunyah player ran off the bench to join in. I think one player from each team got reported. Osbourne cleaned up alot of Rutherglens kids and was allowed to get away with it for the majority.

Wahgunyahs best were Robins (kicked about half a dozen), Osbourne, Parker, Callow (held Scott Thomson to one goal) and Duryea. Rutherglens best were Mark Donalson, Dan Shaw, Bromley and Nath Thomas

wahgunyah were a bit to good for the young cats. They said it was the biggest crowd they have had at Rutherglen as long as anyone can remember. A big blue after the half time siren involved everyone on the ground and a wahgunyah player ran off the bench to join in. I think one player from each team got reported. Osbourne cleaned up alot of Rutherglens kids and was allowed to get away with it for the majority.

Wahgunyahs best were Robins (kicked about half a dozen), Osbourne, Parker, Callow (held Scott Thomson to one goal) and Duryea. Rutherglens best were Mark Donalson, Dan Shaw, Bromley and Nath Thomas

Osborne still cleaning up kids, he did it all through my time in the O&M and got away with it by doing it behind the play. Will be interesting to see how he fares against Mitta, Kiewa and Yack who have the blokes to belt him back.

Osborne still cleaning up kids, he did it all through my time in the O&M and got away with it by doing it behind the play. Will be interesting to see how he fares against Mitta, Kiewa and Yack who have the blokes to belt him back.

Who is this Osbourne fellow and Y does he do this to younger players?

Who is this Osbourne fellow and Y does he do this to younger players?
Ossie, played at wahgunyah,corowa and coach r/w tigers last year, About 32 yo and although they all said he hits young blokes i`ve seen him dish out and cop it from older blokes too. Great bloke but i tell you what he has massive white line fever. Left tigers after one season coaching and about 10 weeks suspended all up. Maybe the umpires in the hume league don`t put up with that kind of shite? And let`s face he may be a dime a dozen in the tdfl.( not slagging off about the tdfl, but it can get rough)

Ossie, played at wahgunyah,corowa and coach r/w tigers last year, About 32 yo and although they all said he hits young blokes i`ve seen him dish out and cop it from older blokes too. Great bloke but i tell you what he has massive white line fever. Left tigers after one season coaching and about 10 weeks suspended all up. Maybe the umpires in the hume league don`t put up with that kind of shite? And let`s face he may be a dime a dozen in the tdfl.( not slagging off about the tdfl, but it can get rough)

the brawl at half time was caused due to inconsistent umpiring and there lack of ability to control the play. the standard of umpiring during the game was poor

the brawl at half time ony happened cause one of our rutherglen boys thought he was tuff and tryed to punch on with one of them by the end of it everyone on the field was in it and the umpier was reportin everyone he saw throw punches. prob the dirtyest team ive eva played against and ive played in the picola league and o and m from knees in ya head when your on the bottom, of packs slight punchers behind play and elbows in ya face when u go to run off them so anyone who plays them be ready too get hit and kicked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back