Tasmanian AFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly never thought I would see the day that we'd get an AFL license, after all the failed bids and all, plus the hoops we had to jump through to get a foot in the door I was expecting the presidents to say no as well.
Tasmania deserve it. It’s a shame the amount of work and hoops they had to jump through compared to Suns and GWS.

I think it's marvellous myself.
The negativity from the locals is embarrassing and is exactly why the place is always seen as Nobart and stuck in the 60s.
Nobody does negativity and whinging quite like Tasmanians from my 60+ years of experience.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the licence? Do we think the ridiculous behaviour by a few unhappy locals and politicians could ruin our chance of finally having an AFL team? Or do we think it’ll all blow over and it’s part of politics.

I think it'll be interesting at the next election given some of Ferguson's ministers are jumping ship (tellingly, Northerners).
The state ALP have been rubbish for years, ever since Jim Bacon died.
I believe it will get through, the people you see protesting the most about this are the usual crowd, marginalised hippies and other assorted folk that reside in places down in the Huon that never come to the city other than to protest or to attend Dark Mofo.
Usually over 50 years old most of them.
They like it quiet and inactive and believe everyone else should think likewise.

I think it'll be interesting at the next election given some of Ferguson's ministers are jumping ship (tellingly, Northerners).
The state ALP have been rubbish for years, ever since Jim Bacon died.
I believe it will get through, the people you see protesting the most about this are the usual crowd, marginalised hippies and other assorted folk that reside in places down in the Huon that never come to the city other than to protest or to attend Dark Mofo.
Usually over 50 years old most of them.
They like it quiet and inactive and believe everyone else should think likewise.

I hope after tonights budget which adds another $900million to the health Budget (near 35% of total budget outlays!) & $360million for COL relief, it'll cool off some of the antieverything/antistadium brigade. The actual allocation of monies to start the AFL team & Stadium ball rolling is amazing.

Just see something actually happen after the decades long battle.

Quick, get the tissues out :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back