Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm also new here, and before I start causing controversy on the forums with my opinions, I thought I'd better start off and introduce myself properly and get the niceties out the way. I'm a long time supporter, I love the Swans, but I'm not afraid to say when I think they are doing something wrong, despite the fact I know I'm a couch coach. It's not an easy game to coach or be a part of, but my passion gets the better of me sometimes. But no matter what I say or think, I'll always love them and support them, and go/watch them every week I can, which gets harder now that I have kids, but I'm slowly brainwashing them

To answer the questions:

1. Where are you from?

Born and bred in Melbourne, with stints in Newcastle, Sydney, St Andrews, Whistler and Vancouver. But all settled in Melbourne now.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?

I was living in Sydney in 1996 and when we made the GF my friends started talking about it so I got slightly interested, however, it was when I moved to Melbourne in 1998 as a 15 year old, I realised the easiest way to make friends was to learn about footy, so, coming from Sydney, I chose them, and the rest is history!

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?

Since 1996, but properly since 1998

4. Favourite players (current)?

Chad Warner and Tom Papley. Buddy was there, but I think he went a year too long personally.

5. Favourite players (all time)?

Buddy, Goodesy, Mickey O, Plugger and Paul Kelly

6. Favourite Swans memories?

Sitting behind the winning goals at the 2012 GF in a group of Swans supports who I had never met before. When that goal went through, I loved watching all the Hawks supporters slumping down, and hugging randoms all around me knowing we had won!

Also, training/brainwashing my 2yo daughter to cheer when I say Swannies, and boo when I say Blues (my wife's team)

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?

Living in Vancouver watching the game at an Aussie pub there at 9:30pm on the Friday night, getting very drunk and teaching Canadians about footy. When Leo took that mark, I just stopped drinking until I saw them all jump on each other!

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

I have the full collection of the WEG posts for all our GF wins, as well as my ticket from 2012

Looking forward to plenty of lively debates, and as always, go Swannies!
Welcome Mr 0, you've chosen one heck of a week to join us 😂

Well I've just rediscovered a 10 year old bigfooty account I made... May as well get involved with the Swans crew! Hope you all bleed red and white as much as I do!

1. Where are you from? Perth, WA
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Nobody honestly remembers specifics.. My parents go for St. Kilda and West Coast respectively and were impartial enough to let me make my own decision I guess. True origin is unknown I was too young!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 4-5 years old (2004/2005) so nearly 20 years :)
4. Favourite players (current)? Errol Gulden :grinv1:
5. Favourite players (all time)? Barry Hall, Adam Goodes, Dan Hannebery (as people can probably guess)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Attending the first game at Optus Stadium against the Eagles to watch us win! Gary Rohan's last minute winner against Essendon, 2022 Prelim Final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching on a projector at my Dad's local footy club in a room full of Eagles supporters lol
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Close between 2005/2012 Herald Sun premiership posters and my Buddy 1000 framed piece!

Looking forward to getting involved on the forums! Go Swans!!

Well I've just rediscovered a 10 year old bigfooty account I made... May as well get involved with the Swans crew! Hope you all bleed red and white as much as I do!

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Nobody honestly remembers specifics.. My parents go for St. Kilda and West Coast respectively and were impartial enough to let me make my own decision I guess. True origin is unknown I was too young!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 4-5 years old (2004/2005) so nearly 20 years :)
5. Favourite players (all time)? Barry Hall, Adam Goodes, Dan Hannebery (as people can probably guess)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Attending the first game at Optus Stadium against the Eagles to watch us win! Gary Rohan's last minute winner against Essendon, 2022 Prelim Final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching on a projector at my Dad's local footy club in a room full of Eagles supporters lol
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Close between 2005/2012 Herald Sun premiership posters and my Buddy 1000 framed piece!

welcome. Let me know if you want to change your username into something more recent.

Another Swannies fan from Perth. Always good to see!

Welcome!

1. Where are you from? Northern Beaches
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Novelty value of a strange looking sport with all of its oddities. Swans were the local team so it made sense. Visits to Melbourne made it clear that is was very important to have "a team"
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Dunno, probably since early nineties.
4. Favourite players (current)? Will Gould. Lucindale's favourite manchild.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Skilton, Round, Bedford, Kelly, Goodes among many others.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Tough. Aside from 2005 and 2012 ofcourse...
Last Wednesday. Luke Parker gave my wife some flowers and took our family on a guided tour of the Hall of Industries.
OR
Holding Run through banner on MCG on Grand Final Day.
OR
Reenacting Rampe climbing the post on the banner at the next home game.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching game from the Moritzbastei Pub in Leipzig, Germany. Very early for a drink, but good beer can be drunk at any hour.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? South Melbourne crest (See attached)

Attachments

• 313436799_10161767131401729_3956261016878451302_n.jpg
    313436799_10161767131401729_3956261016878451302_n.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 32
1. Where are you from? Northern Beaches
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Novelty value of a strange looking sport with all of its oddities. Swans were the local team so it made sense. Visits to Melbourne made it clear that is was very important to have "a team"
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Dunno, probably since early nineties.
4. Favourite players (current)? Will Gould. Lucindale's favourite manchild.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Skilton, Round, Bedford, Kelly, Goodes among many others.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Tough. Aside from 2005 and 2012 ofcourse...
Last Wednesday. Luke Parker gave my wife some flowers and took our family on a guided tour of the Hall of Industries.
OR
Holding Run through banner on MCG on Grand Final Day.
OR
Reenacting Rampe climbing the post on the banner at the next home game.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching game from the Moritzbastei Pub in Leipzig, Germany. Very early for a drink, but good beer can be drunk at any hour.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? South Melbourne crest (See attached)
Welcome.
May the Swans memories keep on!

Hi all. Im basically a new fan here to learn more about the swans and AFL in general. I’m a life long NRL fan but only follow the final series in the AFL usually but after going down to Melbourne last year I had the urge to learn more about the game so here I am haha
Welcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all. Im basically a new fan here to learn more about the swans and AFL in general. I’m a life long NRL fan but only follow the final series in the AFL usually but after going down to Melbourne last year I had the urge to learn more about the game so here I am haha
Welcome mate. Stick around because there's plenty of great people here to help you learn about our great club and the afl in general

1. Where are you from? Mobbs torture dungeon

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because I had no other choice

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 75

4. Favourite players (current)? Chad Warner

5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Mark Bayes

6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 Grand Final

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the game

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed Swans jumper

1. Where are you from? Mobbs torture dungeon

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because I had no other choice

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 75

4. Favourite players (current)? Chad Warner

5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Mark Bayes

6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 Grand Final

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the game

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed Swans jumper
Great to have you join us.

Good to meet you all. Passionate Swans supporter here. My favourite players are Heeney, Papley, Parker and that other guy. Can’t wait to see the rest of the season unfold

Good to meet you all. Passionate Swans supporter here. My favourite players are Heeney, Papley, Parker and that other guy. Can’t wait to see the rest of the season unfold
This has been the funniest time in BF with Chief inviting everyone to the Swans Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back