jimmy_clement#8

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2003
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colorado, Cardiff City
It's taken me until the conference finals, but please, I've really had enough. If your actually one of the three or four on SEN that proclaim to be 'hockey experts' then don't read on, coz I want to rant about it and I'm just a tad "errghhed" about it.

I was excited when i heard there was an ice hockey hour all those months ago on SEN, so i though id listen in to aid my hockey fix. But boy, didn't it turn into pure comedy value. From the first moment I heard that the Stars were playing well with good form showing from the star players like Ed Belfour, to guys relying purely on cliches because they dont see any hockey at all, or hear any hockey, or look at anything hockey, coz they're too busy watching NBA. Like last night, on "Team America" from 1am to 2am, where one Mark Franklin told us that Michael Peca was one of the Oilers young guns and that Carolina are a team with no star players. If I wasn't half asleep, I'd love to just call in and pull them up on all these, but most the time I tend to not even be tempted to ring up, again coz of comedy value.

Hopefully, in an ideal world, some of our Melbourne based 'ice hockey board posters' can get themselves onto SEN, because the bunch of clowns they are running with right now, well, they're far from experts. If you a serious hockey fan, don't listen to them. If you like a laugh going to sleep on a Friday night, listen in.

Hehe, I've been wanting to listen to them, but because hockey is always given the arse and is after whatever other rubbish sports there are, I fall asleep. I take it I'm lucky jc? :D

they obviously dont realise that there are "pure" hockey fans out there like your good self and other posters on this board and just general other hockey nuts around melbourne that actually know they're rubbish coz we can turn on SEN and hear them say stupid things. they cant pretend that no-one out in radio land knows more than them so it wont matter if they dont know anything about the sport. i must confess though, one of the three that is on the radio sounds like he knows a bit, the oilers fan, but the other two, especially franklin, he just relies on cliches which, in any sport commenting, are feasible smokescreens for knowing nothing about what your supposed to be an expert on. if it wasnt good for a laugh, and if no-one on bigfooty followed hockey with some sort of expertise behind them, id actually complain it tends to be that bad.

Yeah, Ed Belfour sure did suck for the Stars in the first round... :rolleyes:

I mean, seriously, they MAY not know anything about hockey, but they do have a job to do, and they should at least research. My advice would be to complain, because it's obvious that producers at the station don't know anything about the sport, either, to be able to pull them up.

But, sheesh... Carolina has no stars? That's unforgivable.

Eric Staal is one of the best players in the NHL. Then add guys like Doug Weight, Mark Recchi, Cory Stillman.
You're right Cros...that's just ridiculous.

I can understand someone making a stupid mistake such as saying that Belfour played for the stars, but for noone to correct it (let along the guy that said it), is just a joke. It's a joke
ruff_bench_buffalo_tall.jpg

Yeah, I'm a bit sick of Ed and Steve talking about the NBA Playoffs for 1 hour and 58 minutes and then saying "oh yeah, Edmonton beat Anaheim tonight".

I don't believe it, they're talking about hockey, at 10:45pm :eek: Has there been a lockout in the NBA, NFL and MLB??? Have those leagues disappeared?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back