GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone think Nth will go out straight sets? would be the story of the year...

East arent out of it thats for sure.

imagine Winch if Challis hung around? the finals would look a lot different!

Probably means Winchelsea would be playing off to get into a grand final. Who knows he might be lured back if this year becomes an unsuccessful finals campaign again

Not sure about the article in the GDFL website. Bit bias against BPH .
Does Heath Buck realist that BPH didn't finish first and didn't have 2 weeks off??

Didn't catch the game yesterday, were North Geelong back to their best or were East spent?

Adam Skrobalak is coaching one of the teams in the Young Guns game on Sunday which is before the VFL Prelim, good effort:thumbsu:

Not sure about the article in the GDFL website. Bit bias against BPH .
Does Heath Buck realist that BPH didn't finish first and didn't have 2 weeks off??

Didn't catch the game yesterday, were North Geelong back to their best or were East spent?

you need to put the article in context - it was written just after Nth were a soundly beaten favourite.

I'm sure Bucky after seeing the result on the weekend would say Nth are back on track and it will be a cracking game saturday.

Who wins the big dance?

Margin?

BOG?

BPH by 31 Pts, symes BOG nth geelong's biggest weakness is in the ruck. If symes dominates the ruck like in the semi it will go a long way to the hill winning and become the greatest GDFL team ever.
If Shaun Lewis comes back into the team who comes out?

I think north will hit bph by surprise and jump out real hard and give them a real game. First quarter is crucial, still I'm tipping bph by 12. Can't go past them after two weeks back. Surely would place them as one of the best gdfl sides ever

BPH by 31 Pts, symes BOG nth geelong's biggest weakness is in the ruck. If symes dominates the ruck like in the semi it will go a long way to the hill winning and become the greatest GDFL team ever.
If Shaun Lewis comes back into the team who comes out?

If there are no injury concerns, not sure if you can play Shaun. He hasn't played for a month or so and I would think it's a bit of a risk putting him in and changing the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North by 43 points. Fitzsimmons to win the medal. Bell Post Hill played their grand final in the 2nd semi.

I think north will hit bph by surprise and jump out real hard and give them a real game. First quarter is crucial, still I'm tipping bph by 12. Can't go past them after two weeks back. Surely would place them as one of the best gdfl sides ever

Agree with how the game will start, I think north by 7 and sam clark bog if they dont get in his head.

If there are no injury concerns, not sure if you can play Shaun. He hasn't played for a month or so and I would think it's a bit of a risk putting him in and changing the side
Rumour has it that Lewis, Tarr and Grgic are playing... Some great inclusions for BPH... Will north play DiBlassio, Fergie and Jervies?

I doubt all 3 would be in. Maybe lewis thats it. Bph in a close one, experiance counts for this and there physical pressure will hit north hard. Fursland BOG, with addie close behind him.
Could be a strange feeling at osborne park saturday night if the reserves win and seniors lose. Or could be one big party

Well two big surprise no Shaun Lewis selection... and North Geelong getting up in what I thought was a very good GDFL granny... Is there any movement between players and clubs????? The only rumor I heard on the weekend is that Barry O'Toole &Jason Huhn are joint coaches at Corio ???

Well two big surprise no Shaun Lewis selection... and North Geelong getting up in what I thought was a very good GDFL granny... Is there any movement between players and clubs????? The only rumor I heard on the weekend is that Barry O'Toole &Jason Huhn are joint coaches at Corio ???

Can confirm Barry is coaching corio. Sources close to me say Jason is looking for a new club for 2014, not sure if true or not.

I heard Lewis was told on the Tuesday night he wouldn't play and told them to stick it ...., was told Lewis will go to banno. Bizza would no more. I heard sproule may coach inver.

Can confirm Barry is coaching corio. Sources close to me say Jason is looking for a new club for 2014, not sure if true or not.
If Barry was appointed at a loss of Jason Huhn that's a big call from the club hopefully Barry can bring a few players... best of luck to Barry in his 1st year of coaching... I'm sure there will be a few clubs chasing Jason as he is a quality footballer leading vote getter for corio and interleague player and well respected in th GDFL...

I heard Lewis was told on the Tuesday night he wouldn't play and told them to stick it ...., was told Lewis will go to banno. Bizza would no more. I heard sproule may coach inver.
I love Shaun, always have always will, but facts are facts.

the wheels were set in motion for Lewy way back in Round 11 when he took an impromptu trip to Bali with a few days notice, and missed 2 games. came back with an illness, struggled for a month and then pulled out of the round 18 game. anyone who knows Lewy will tell you he is a ripper bloke who loves a beer - but with 22 other blokes doing the right thing, getting on the turps when you're injured is not a smart thing to do, especially at the game you pulled out of 6 hours before.

then played injured in the 2's first final and didnt last the game. choose not to play 2's the next week, but was runner for the ones(?) where history has it the seniors smashed North , so an unchanged line up was always on the cards.

thursday night before the GF we had an injury scare right at the end of training, and if Shaun had of conducted himself with a bit more team spirit - things may have looked a little different for him.
the club is ALWAYS bigger than the individual.

as it was we let it go til saturday were the player was deemed fit to play, and 4 blokes missed out on a spot - Lewis Tarr Baird and Razmoski.

the drama was no help in the lead up to the GF, but the club can honestly say we had our best 22 out there, and got beaten by a great side in North.

cant wait for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back