Saturday 4.30pm timeslot

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 - Hawks v Adelaide Prelim
2022 - Swans v Collingwood Prelim

Demonstrated that it is by far the best time slot aesthetically

I think people vote with their feet. So far so good.

An interesting slot I’ve noticed is next week Brisbane & Suns play the Q-clash at 7.10pm on Sunday. Public holiday in QLD the Monday after so will see if that is enough to attract a decent crowd in an otherwise graveyard slot.

It's a crap time slot, can't go if you have something on at night, sometimes can't go if you have something on during the day.

Now that Collingwood have told the AFL they aren't playing after 2pm on Sat or Sun, the rest of us have to fight over the scraps.

Going through the comments it seems the twilight game has its positives. If attending. And I tend to agree.

But not much discussion about the home viewer. I'm not a fan if not attending. Most people have dinner between 530pm and 730pm yeah? I'm in that group and find it frustrating I now have to worry about feeding my guests a substantial meal. Usually it's chips and dips throughout with party pies and sausage rolls at half time. Does that cut it for dinner? I don't think so. Or if I'm the guest do I assume a free feed. It's something I don't have to think about with any other timeslot.

Going through the comments it seems the twilight game has its positives. If attending. And I tend to agree.

But not much discussion about the home viewer. I'm not a fan if not attending. Most people have dinner between 530pm and 730pm yeah? I'm in that group and find it frustrating I now have to worry about feeding my guests a substantial meal. Usually it's chips and dips throughout with party pies and sausage rolls at half time. Does that cut it for dinner? I don't think so. Or if I'm the guest do I assume a free feed. It's just one of those thing I don't have to think about with any other timeslot.

I don't understand, can't you cook with the game on? Also pies and sausages rolls is not dinner.

I think people vote with their feet. So far so good.

An interesting slot I’ve noticed is next week Brisbane & Suns play the Q-clash at 7.10pm on Sunday. Public holiday in QLD the Monday after so will see if that is enough to attract a decent crowd in an otherwise graveyard slot.

It's perfect timeslot for Queensland they go to bed about 9.

I don't understand, can't you cook with the game on? Also pies and sausages rolls is not dinner.

Your first point... Yes I can. Would rather not.
Your second point... Are you confirming my already alluded to fact? So to confirm. I do believe party pies and sausage rolls is not dinner. Hence my annoyance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your first point... Yes I can. Would rather not.
Your second point... Are you confirming my already alluded to fact? So to confirm. I do believe party pies and sausage rolls is not dinner. Hence my annoyance

Dumplings could work for dinner and take less prep time. Rice cooker, something limp and green and there you go.

I can understand it for elderly, disabled, etc. But for anyone else the walk from Jolimont or Richmond stations, and even from the CBD, is something even lazy obese old me can do without a problem.
And its probably about half an hour quicker to get away than by car. Which is probably why so many park in South Yarra instead and walk from there, guessing its an option for those who live nowhere near a train line.
Sometimes it’s much more pleasant going home in the car and not putting up with overcrowded trains filled with drunk dickheads. Particularly when your team loses 😂

Half time is just about the perfect length for prepping and cooking a good old steak and three veg.

But not much discussion about the home viewer. I'm not a fan if not attending. Most people have dinner between 530pm and 730pm yeah? I'm in that group and find it frustrating I now have to worry about feeding my guests a substantial meal. Usually it's chips and dips throughout with party pies and sausage rolls at half time. Does that cut it for dinner? I don't think so. Or if I'm the guest do I assume a free feed. It's something I don't have to think about with any other timeslot.
You’d absolutely hate living in Perth

Personally think they should only have 1 game going on at any one time.
100% this except Saturday night, use the interstate ability, even use the "interstate" games North, Hawks sell off as ones

Thursday night football

Friday night football

Saturday early
Saturday twilight
Saturday night
Saturday night (interstate)

Sunday early
Sunday primetime (thanks Ch7)
Sunday twilight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back