OutKast

All Australian
Mar 5, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Man Utd
To those who doubted Ruud Van Nistelrooy credentials, well he's scored a first-half brace on debut for Manchester United. Sure it's only against some Malaysian hacks, but it's still the start United fans we're hoping for.:D
The lineup for the game, maybe an insight:rolleyes: into Sir Alex's plans for the season...

Barthez
G. Neville, Stam, Johnsen, Irwin
Beckham, Keane, Veron, Giggs
Van Nistelrooy, Yorke.
Subs: Van Der Gouw, P. Neville, Brown, Scholes, Butt, Chadwick, Fortune, Solskjaer, Cole.

Originally posted by OutKast
To those who doubted Ruud Van Nistelrooy credentials, well he's scored a first-half brace on debut for Manchester United. Sure it's only against some Malaysian hacks, but it's still the start United fans we're hoping for.:D
The lineup for the game, maybe an insight:rolleyes: into Sir Alex's plans for the season...

Barthez
G. Neville, Stam, Johnsen, Irwin
Beckham, Keane, Veron, Giggs
Van Nistelrooy, Yorke.
Subs: Van Der Gouw, P. Neville, Brown, Scholes, Butt, Chadwick, Fortune, Solskjaer, Cole.

Irwin Johnsen and Stam back!! What a ripper!!!
We missed those three for the majority of last season!

Fairly predictable line up except im surprised Brown wasnt in the first team.

In our second tour match this Man Utd beat Singapore 8-1 (who Liverpool only beat 2-0 might I add;) ), with Fabian Barthez playing the last ten minutes at left midfield! I guess Fergie isn't taking this tour too seriously...

Originally posted by Shinboners
How about this:

First XI: Barthez, Silvestre, Stam, Brown, G.Neville, Beckham, Keane, Veron, Giggs, Van Nistlerooy, and Scholes

Second XI: Carroll, P. Neville, Johnsen, Wallwork, Irwin, Chadwick, Butt, Fletcher, Fortune, Solskjaer, Cole

:D

no Yorke!!
just shows the strength of the squad doesnt it!!

6 international experienced players (played for there country) in the second XI

Those two sides were for a 4-4-2 formation. If we did the second 11 as a 4-3-3 formation, then we'd drop Fortune and include Yorke.

BTW, I counted 7 Internationals: P.Neville, Johnsen, Irwin, Butt, Fortune, Solksjaer, and Cole....and I think Fletcher may have made his debut for Scotland (I know there was plenty of talk about him playing for Scotland even before his full senior debut for United) and there was talk that Chadwick would not be far away from his first cap for England.

Originally posted by Shinboners
Those two sides were for a 4-4-2 formation. If we did the second 11 as a 4-3-3 formation, then we'd drop Fortune and include Yorke.

BTW, I counted 7 Internationals: P.Neville, Johnsen, Irwin, Butt, Fortune, Solksjaer, and Cole....and I think Fletcher may have made his debut for Scotland (I know there was plenty of talk about him playing for Scotland even before his full senior debut for United) and there was talk that Chadwick would not be far away from his first cap for England.

Fortune - thats the one i missed. Hes from South Africa isnt he? or am i totally off track here!

Yep, a South African.

I also get the feeling that Ray Carroll (if we sign him) may have played for Northern Ireland as well.

So, if we could fit Fortune and Yorke into the team, and somehow drop Wallwork, then we could have a reserves side with 11 internationals (assuming that Carroll has his cap and Fletcher and Chadwick will get their's)! :D

Yep United signed Roy Carroll today for 2.5mill, and he has been capped by Northen Ireland so there's another international. Also talk that we're chasing Michael Ball, and that maybe a 6mill bid is on the cards when the team returns from Asia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back