round seven

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
wow no thread yet is everyone still stunned how crap upwey is ~3 premierships in five years in 2 divisions ~ will be the call next year. i am upwey through and through but omg where is the fight in the tigers, watching the game as i got it ready for VV i was shocked, i feel for spanner all no names players, i know there is injuries but where is the pride and want for the jumper. tom hedge, bill duncan, cant be the only players on the ground. Yea seconds could show more grunt atm. i dont care if upwey hates me now because i am sure upwey hates where they are now. round 8 next vs warby at warby time to shine gents get those hands of your own ba!!s and put your head down and fight.

OMG! Do you really think you’re rant is going to make the boys dig deeper? If the coach can’t get them to have a crack, I don’t think your spray will work! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]:thumbsdown:

watched Yea V Seville on the weekend. Getting a bit sick of second divy to be honest. 18s competition needs more teams and there has only really been 2 or 3 realistic contenders in the seniors and reserves comps over the last 3 or 4 years. The home and away season is just a formality.

Fair whinge, maybe I'm just a bit depressed at work on a monday morning.

Give it a couple of years, YVMDFL will be one division and it'll be even worse. big clubs smashing the little clubs and some clubs like powelltown, yea folding completely.

I saw Powelltown v Belgrave and I was impressed with what Powelltown dished up in the first half. They had two yellow cards and were playing with 16 for much of the half, but went into the main break only 3 goals down.

Their full back (I think captain/coach) absolutely toweled up Mitch Collins. Collins only got off the leash in the last quarter when the coach switched himself forward trying to win the match. In the end it was a 11 goal victory for the Magpies which was probably a little flattering.

wow no thread yet is everyone still stunned how crap upwey is ~3 premierships in five years in 2 divisions ~ will be the call next year. i am upwey through and through but omg where is the fight in the tigers, watching the game as i got it ready for VV i was shockedi feel for spanner all no names players, i know there is injuries but where is the pride and want for the jumper. tom hedge, bill duncan, cant be the only players on the ground. Yea seconds could show more grunt atm. i dont care if upwey hates me now because i am sure upwey hates where they are now. round 8 next vs warby at warby time to shine gents get those hands of your own ba!!s and put your head down and fight.

Umm yeh sorry?? You feel sorry for the no name players? After losing so many players from last year it's good to see new recruits such as....ummm,...ahh well, what's his face..?? Nahh or that new guy....nope...maybe...ah nup. That's right, not one single recruit this year, except a 55 year old runner who thinks he's still a 1's player.

I watched my Bombers run right over the top of a disappointing Mt Ev. Mt Ev seem to have some good individuals but couldn't muster any quick ball movement from the back line and didn't have the skill nor space on the smallish quick ground to chip chip through Emerald's zone. Dogga being in hospital didn't help their cause, hope he's back on the park real soon.
Dry conditions suited Emeralds run, big tests in the next two weeks at home in likely heavy conditions v Wandin and Healesville will see if Emerald are the real deal or not this year.

OMG! Do you really think you’re rant is going to make the boys dig deeper? If the coach can’t get them to have a crack, I don’t think your spray will work! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]:thumbsdown:

OMG maybe someone had to say something instead of everyone tiptoeing around upwey. i have done my time on the committee there played my part and if i think my voice can help i will use it !!!!!! the only one who can make them have a crack is them selves. but a little push from loyal supporters and friends can help.i dont care if they take no comfort or consideration of my thoughts it is just my opion and at least i have one. maybe some day you will use a name that people can know who you are too. i dont hide my name in there they all know who i am if they wish to talk to me they all know where i am.

Umm yeh sorry?? You feel sorry for the no name players? After losing so many players from last year it's good to see new recruits such as....ummm,...ahh well, what's his face..?? Nahh or that new guy....nope...maybe...ah nup. That's right, not one single recruit this year, except a 55 year old runner who thinks he's still a 1's player.

A number of players from last years under 18's are there - longer term planning, have to give young players a go sometime - interesting to see how things do pan out in the end.

wow no thread yet is everyone still stunned how crap upwey is ~3 premierships in five years in 2 divisions ~ will be the call next year. i am upwey through and through but omg where is the fight in the tigers, watching the game as i got it ready for VV i was shocked, i feel for spanner all no names players, i know there is injuries but where is the pride and want for the jumper. tom hedge, bill duncan, cant be the only players on the ground. Yea seconds could show more grunt atm. i dont care if upwey hates me now because i am sure upwey hates where they are now. round 8 next vs warby at warby time to shine gents get those hands of your own ba!!s and put your head down and fight.

Upwey seem to be doing ok for a side that -
is "crap"
will play for "3 premierships in five years in 2 divisions"
and has "all no names players"

Recon you might have written them off a little early Sachy?!
When clubs go through tough times they need everyone to stick together and work through it. The club and playing group seem to have got behind their coach, and shown fantastic resolve and strong unity when facing adversity. Surely the mark of a good club and reflection of a strong community. The last thing they need is for people to get on a forum like this and pay out publicly! Maybe you were showing your true colours in jumping of the bandwagon when times were tough? Will you climb back on if they pull off a miracle go all the way? ...
Im sure they are missing your 'support'!
Just saying...

I had forgotten this one as well, maybe the Upwey people do know something about what their club needs after all - still a long way to go, but have blooded 4 Under 18's this year who will develop into very good players in the years ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back