Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

They wouldn’t have dumped him Eddie usually has about a hundred things going on so probably didn’t have the time. He’s one of the best though, I’ll never forget how well he called that coast to coast goal against North in 2003 I think it was that ended in a Gehrig goal. They need to bring some crowd noise back into the call.

The current lot seem like they are either wanna be Comettis or trying to sound smart. At least Huddo knows to build the hype and excitement levels, channel 7 sounds like they are commentating lawn bowls. Eddie was good at knowing when to ramp up the excitement. BT and Brayshaw want to be quirky and come up with amusing lines to increase their own profiles rather than give the fans an experience.

The current lot seem like they are either wanna be Comettis or trying to sound smart. At least Huddo knows to build the hype and excitement levels, channel 7 sounds like they are commentating lawn bowls. Eddie was good at knowing when to ramp up the excitement. BT and Brayshaw want to be quirky and come up with amusing lines to increase their own profiles rather than give the fans an experience.
It's nice that you implied that BT has a conscious thought process.

Misguided, but nice.

It's nice that you implied that BT has a conscious thought process.

Misguided, but nice.
ok4CeYi.gif

If you go back and listen to the days of Cometti or McAveney or Grybas commentating, it is appalling how bad the current lot are in describing the play and rising for the big moments. Even Eddie is a much better caller than anyone on Channel 7.
Totally agree.

When Eddie calls from a natural perspective he is a great caller.

Jesus, the guy is special needs so probably shouldn't go too hard on him but the comments....

"The st kilda one where it hit the top of his foot is a goal becuase all you need to do if make connection with your boot and it's a goal"

.....um yeah. The internet hasn't had a positive effect on human intelligence. You'd assume it was parody if you didn't read the rest of them.
Yeah I dunno about laughing too much about this one. Feels a bit too much punching down.

Yeah it was pretty much the killing blow, ended any slim hope for a Carlton comeback.

Pretty amazing that a kid with less than 20 games under his belt can just waltz in and drill the game winner from 65 out while barely breaking a sweat. It's an absolutely ice cold move from the rookie. Equally amazing that no body is really talking about it.

He's kicked a couple of really important goals already has Mitch, which is what I'm most excited about. His stats are of course amazing, but it's his influence that has me really excited, and has me spruking his Rising Star credentials to anyone that will listen. While Ashcroft and Sheezel are obviously playing super football, Mitch is actually out there winning games off his own boot. Can't wait to see what he's like by the end of the year, because he's got a real finalist player vibe to him.
If we make the grand final and can only afford to play one of the kids I’m picking Mitchito every time. You just know he’d put 110% of his body’s capabilities on the ground

If you go back and listen to the days of Cometti or McAveney or Grybas commentating, it is appalling how bad the current lot are in describing the play and rising for the big moments. Even Eddie is a much better caller than anyone on Channel 7.

They wouldn’t have dumped him Eddie usually has about a hundred things going on so probably didn’t have the time. He’s one of the best though, I’ll never forget how well he called that coast to coast goal against North in 2003 I think it was that ended in a Gehrig goal. They need to bring some crowd noise back into the call.
Fraaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeer Gehriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing that irked me a bit on the TV commentary is they hardly made any deal about Chito's goal. He kicked a goal from 60 on the run and there was no hype about it. Small thing, but pretty strange.
Watching it live I initially thought Weitering was going to get to the ball. Might have killed the build up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back