Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Rendell deciding to select Aaron Kite over Rory Sloane doesn't exactly reflect well on him, and even if you buy the "the club wanted a taller player" story, he had previously selected Armstrong, Cook and Jacky over him as well :p But hey, nobody else picked him up either that year.

My main memory from Sloane being recruited is the story of him playing on one of the high-ranked small forwards of that year (Yarran?), completely blanketing him, and then refusing to let him leave the ground until he shook his hand.
Also to be fair, Hamish was the Victorian advisor to Rendell back then anyways (I'm pretty sure).

Anyone know if Dangerfield is coming to the showdown this thursday, he may as well since he's injured and doesnt have anything better to do

Fishing at Moggs Creek in his suit.

Rory said it’s because a innocuous head knock could cause the detached retina again, and it’s not so much the direct impact to his eye that is the risk, and hence goggles wouldn’t actually help.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, I'd definitely have retired too if I were Rory - imagine not being able to see his missus (she's DDG) if his eyesight was permanently damaged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back