Fixture Road Trips

Remove this Banner Ad

Could definitely do a week in Melbourne in second half of the season. I think it’s a great idea while the team is young, very few players with kids etc.

Would mean back to back home games on the other side (ie a few weeks without travelling, especially if there’s a derby in the mix) And would be good practice should we end up doing consecutive weeks east for finals in coming years.

Could definitely do a week in Melbourne in second half of the season. I think it’s a great idea while the team is young, very few players with kids etc.

Would mean back to back home games on the other side (ie a few weeks without travelling, especially if there’s a derby in the mix) And would be good practice should we end up doing consecutive weeks east for finals in coming years.
Freo play in Victoria for two games and West Coast play two games in WA.

Freo play in Victoria for two games and West Coast play two games in WA.
How about, just the Melbourne based club, spend two weeks in Perth and play both sides in that period of time.
Or better still have two teams from there come here and play each other and the two WA teams.Get them out of theiir comfort zone where they can play up to 17 games in Melbourne.
Sounds good to me. Better than us having to make all the decisions about how to protect our players.

How about, just the Melbourne based club, spend two weeks in Perth and play both sides in that period of time.
Or better still have two teams from there come here and play each other and the two WA teams.Get them out of theiir comfort zone where they can play up to 17 games in Melbourne.
Sounds good to me. Better than us having to make all the decisions about how to protect our players.
All that does is make it easier on the Melbourne teams with one less week of travel and we do nothing to ease our own burden of travelling. The benefit of roadtrips is that it saves us 10 hours of flights accross the country for a two week trip. Save us even more if we do it for 3-4 weeks.

Think the list demographic is perfect to experiment with it. I remember west coast were opposed to it for a while because a dozen or so of their players had kids, but we don't have that same issue.

I'm not sure that disrupting all your routines for 7 extra days and living in a hotel is worth saving the extra flights. I think occasionally it could be used for novelty value and team-bonding. It would be interesting to hear the players' POV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back