Game Day Richmond v Williamstown GRAND FINAL Sunday 22/9 @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Trekked down to Princess Park yesterday and expected an easy win. Saw both of these teams play earlier this year and there was an obvious class difference, that plus the rest we've had this finals series and I thought we'd run over the top of them. The last quarter yesterday was about as nerve-racking as you could get. I had the perfect line of vision for the last 2 shots at goal by the Willy player and both were going through until the last moment and veered off. There were a few Willy supporters where we were sitting and they cheered the kick through until that last deviation.

We were so dominant in the first quarter that we should have put pay to any chances of a loss but didn't capitalise effectively. The forward line never gelled probably and the midfielders didn't transition well into the forward line except in a few instances. Pickett aside no-one else should be considered for recall into the Seniors and Pickett is still only a maybe. Happy to say goodbye to Butler, thought he would have welcomed the opportunity to have an advance look at his new training facilities but made some poor decision choices throughout the day. With Aarts missing Butler was expected to do more but he didn't use the ball well. Chol was a major disappointment as I thought he might be in the running if Nank didn't come up. Hyphens all did well, 2 goals from RCD were exciting and both came when it looked like we couldn't score. I'd love to see Stack get up but just didn't look fit at all.

The umpiring was bewildering and questions have go to be asked, there were some undisciplined acts but maybe there needs to be an educative approach to Richmond people because we couldn't understand those decisions in the last quarter where generally the umpires put the whistle away in finals. It did look like the VFL were trying to manufacture a result and it did appear that like 2017 we were going to lose again by a narrow margin. Well done to all the players, it made the long commute back worthwhile.

Morning Tigers.

I lobbed in Melbourne yesterday and watched the game on tv.

A post above labelled the umpiring as “bewildering”. That is polite. I’ve not seen such blatant cheating since.... well ever. If you hadn’t managed to win that game the club would have been justifiably livid.

Alls well that ends well but **** me that was a disgrace.

Congrats on the well deserved and well earned win.

15 of the AFL listed were 23 or younger which just adds to how special this win was and how it points to a long period of sustained success for the club. Granted some will move on in a few weeks but another young group will come in and join the production line.

Just posting some more ❤️ 4 RCD
Great performance and way to end the season!! Let’s hope he comes out a step further along again next season!!
He was outstanding yesterday. Forget his numbers it was what he did when he got it -
kicked 2 snags,
ran and carried (his meters gained would have been right up there),
Won contested ball under real heat,
Tackled ferociously.
He plays a style that I think will stack up well to our game style where moving the ball forward and meters gained is more important than cheap stats

1J3Gpin.png

8foYNns.png

Watching the early stages with Meese moving CCJ around with ease shows how much work CCJ still has to go to get AFL ready.
CCJ is good a centre bounces but his boundary throw ins and around the ground ball ups positioning is his weakness .
Plenty of weights in the of season for CCJ .
His contested marking is excellent ,kicking around the ground good but his goal kicking is diabolical .
He needs too develop his handballing skills from his marking contests .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back