Rebel EDFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Murmurings of a rebel EDFL, have come to the fore.

Buln Buln
Ellinbank
Nilma Darnum
Neerim South
Dusties
Poowong
Longwarry
Bunyip

All to split off.

Voting has occured, and teams were generally in favour.

Interesting to see what comes of it.

Also instead of these teams whining about having their league taken over why don't they try and do something about it on field.

Catani, Nyora and Cora Lynn have all been powerhouses in recent years. All are small towns. All clubs are exceptionally well run.

The answer surely lies in a 2 division comp, get a couple of new teams in, try and get 10 teams minimum for each division and make it a promotion/relegation system. Gives clubs the chance to build a team into premiership contenders, whilst not getting flogged every week, but unfortunately, like in most sports, there will always be crap teams......

Darnum are not party to this either. If they are, then it is without my knowledge.

To be honest, though, the way things have been going since I have been away for work, it wouldnt surprise me.

We wouldnt be voting on it unless we voted to vote on it at a meeting anyway. (If that makes any sense...lol)

Yes, we can go back to the real Ellinbank football and reform Hallora. Also lets have the Club presidents as Goal umpires again, thats what I miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back