Proof that Caro and Hutchy are overpaid, underworked, dills who know bugger all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Early last evening I went to the wide world of sports website and found a few clips of last weeks, (12th May), Footy classified show and a discussion on the hall of fame. We don't get it in NSW and Qld, so the clips on WWOS's website is what we have to watch.

The video clip can be watched at this site
Video msn.com Hall of Fame admissions

Ok, so after a 30 second bloody ad, you will see a 4 and 1/2 minute discussion on the Hall of Fame inductees, mainly around Hutchy's wishes that Lou Richards be elevated to Legend status and the things he thinks is wrong with the HOF. I don't want to go on about that, but about the following comments Caro made at around 2:30 minute mark.

Caro "They didn't change the rule for one person. Believe me they didn't. They changed it because they believed, unlike other halls of fame in America, they wanted to include coaches."

Then at about 4:10,

Caro, "Mr America, normally you are so in love with everything American. Americans would baulk at the fact that we have coaches. Do you reckon Americans, would both in NFL and baseball...interrupted... only players.

Hutchy "No chance, No chance in the world, we are a different game..."

Caro, "Ditto baseball and football in America. Everything about us is different and we do things differently, but I'm pretty happy with the way it is now, I have to say."

Complete Bullshit!! All 4 of the North American professional sports Hall of Fame have coaches as inductees. And she wasn't talking about Legend status. Americans don't have that category. She was talking about coaches as normal inductees.

Also all the big changes of the last 20 odd years have been direct copies of what the NFL and other American sports have done first, ie the draft, the salary cap, the collective bargaining agreement with the players, the splitting up of TV rights from one network to many, the jazzing up of GF entertainment, the HOF, etc etc.

Baseball HOF was set up in 1936 and in 1937 Connie Mack and John McGraw were inducted. Mack was a coach from 1894 to 1950, and McGraw 1899 to 1932.
http://web.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers/

Code:
Alston, Walter Los Angeles Dodgers	Manager	1983
Anderson, Sparky Detroit Tigers	        Manager	2000
Durocher, Leo Brooklyn Dodgers	        Manager	1994
Foster, Rube Chicago American Giants	Manager	1981
Hanlon, Ned Baltimore Orioles (National League)	Manager	1996
Harris, Bucky Washington Senators	Manager	1975
Huggins, Miller New York Yankees	Manager	1964
Lasorda, Tommy Los Angeles Dodgers	Manager	1997
Lopez, Al Chicago White Sox	        Manager 1977
Mack, Connie Philadelphia Athletics     Manager	1937
McCarthy, Joe New York Yankees          Manager	1957
McGraw, John New York Giants            Manager	1937
McKechnie, Bill Cincinnati Reds	        Manager	1962
Robinson, Wilbert Brooklyn Dodgers	Manager	1945
Selee, Frank Boston Beaneaters (Braves)	Manager	1999
Stengel, Casey New York Yankees	        Manager	1966
Weaver, Earl Baltimore Orioles	        Manager	1996

They are a bit tough with the induction of coaches. The rules are "The Veterans Committee considers those players whose careers concluded no later than 21 seasons ago, along with managers, umpires and executives. Rules for the BBWAA election are listed below." Players have to be retired 5 years and there last season has to be within 20 years of the induction year. There are over 220 player in the HOF.

Doesn't Caro realise that a manager in baseball is a coach??

The same with the NFL. Their HOF started in 1963. Players and coaches have to wait 5 years after retirement. There are over 200 players and 21 coaches
http://www.profootballhof.com/

Code:
COACHES (21)
George Allen 1966-1977 
Paul Brown 1946-1962 
Guy Chamberlin # 1922-1927 
Jimmy Conzelman # 1921-30, 1940-42, 1946-48 
Weeb Ewbank 1954-1973 
Ray Flaherty # 1936-1949 
Joe Gibbs 1981-1992 
Sid Gillman 1955-1969, 1971-1974 
Bud Grant 1967-1983, 1985 
George Halas # 1920-29, 1933-42, 1946-67 
Earl (Curly) Lambeau # 1919-1953 
Tom Landry 1960-1988 
Marv Levy 1978-1982, 1986-1997 
Vince Lombardi 1959-1967, 1969 
John Madden 1969-1978 
Earle (Greasy) Neale 1941-1950 
Chuck Noll 1969-1991 
Steve Owen # 1930-1953 
Don Shula 1963-1995 
Hank Stram 1960-1974, 1976-1977 
Bill Walsh 1979-1988

Then there is the Basketball HOF that has 134 players and 80 coaches
http://www.hoophall.com/

And the Ice Hockey HOF which has 238 players, 96 builders which includes coaches and 14 referees/linesmen. They refer to all their inductees as legends. There is one Australian born player in this HOF, Tommy Dunderdale . Born 1887, got to Canada in 1904 and played from 1906 to 1924.

http://www.hhof.com/

It is unbelievable to me, that a so called sports journalist who is on the selection committee of the Australian Fooball Hall of Fame is so ignorant about other HOF in the country that invented them. Hutchy is just as bad.

Every time she is asked about the criteria for selection in our HOF she fudges it and can't remember. She always struggles with the criteria.

I'll give you a tip Caro. If you know what the CSIRO is then you can use this word association as a memory jog. Think of CSIRA. Character, Sportsmanship, Integrity, Record and Ability.

Does Caro possess enough of these characteristics to be on the selection panel? In the USA and Canada it is the sportswriters that are the major judges of candidates for induction in the HOF. They see it as a great honour and they all know the criteria backwards. Not like the footy journo's on our HOF selection panel.

Well that categorically slapped her bs right in the face. I have no idea why the issue was even raised though because it is irrelevant but interesting see how wrong she got it and also that Hutchy didn’t pick her up on it.

The fact is, Caro is on the HOF committee because she is female. No 2 ways about it!

Haha, not sure you needed proof, thought it was pretty evident.

p.s We now get Footy Classified up here, on 9 HD

Fair enough, you've proven you can be as pedantic as the next person, but the real issue being discussed was whether Lou Richards should go from Hall of Fame inductee (which he is) to Legend status.

What you've written doesn't really alter that at all.

I'm sure she is well aware of the criteria, but as she mentioned about a billion times was that she was uncomfortable discussing it publicly, and that she was just one member of the panel of judges.

Don't put Hutchy in the same classification as Caro, he couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag, and does not have the respect of the jouralistic community to get the nod to judging HoF nominees. Rightly or wrongly, Caro does.

Caro is on that selection panel due to TOKENISM not her football nous

We all know she doesnt have any

You cant tell me out of all the past players and umpires there wasnt ONE more qualified and knowledgeable to be on that selection panel than the daughter of an ex president of Richmond ?

TOKENISM at its best

The fact is, Caro is on the HOF committee because she is female. No 2 ways about it!

You are wrong!

She is on the HOF committee because she is 'The first lady of football'

FAAARK ME.

Maybe she is on it because she suffers from that Mad Cow disease!

Besides the AFL WHO THE FAARK RESPECTS THIS PERSON?

:thumbsdown:The AFL do because she is their leading stooge in the media.

load of rubbish, without the media we would be stuffed, half of these threads would not have even been made if these guys had not broken it on radio, t.v or newspaper earlier.

Early last evening I went to the wide world of sports website and found a few clips of last weeks, (12th May), Footy classified show and a discussion on the hall of fame. We don't get it in NSW and Qld, so the clips on WWOS's website is what we have to watch.

The video clip can be watched at this site
Video msn.com Hall of Fame admissions

Ok, so after a 30 second bloody ad, you will see a 4 and 1/2 minute discussion on the Hall of Fame inductees, mainly around Hutchy's wishes that Lou Richards be elevated to Legend status and the things he thinks is wrong with the HOF. I don't want to go on about that, but about the following comments Caro made at around 2:30 minute mark.

Caro "They didn't change the rule for one person. Believe me they didn't. They changed it because they believed, unlike other halls of fame in America, they wanted to include coaches."

Then at about 4:10,

Caro, "Mr America, normally you are so in love with everything American. Americans would baulk at the fact that we have coaches. Do you reckon Americans, would both in NFL and baseball...interrupted... only players.

Hutchy "No chance, No chance in the world, we are a different game..."

Caro, "Ditto baseball and football in America. Everything about us is different and we do things differently, but I'm pretty happy with the way it is now, I have to say."

Complete Bullshit!! All 4 of the North American professional sports Hall of Fame have coaches as inductees. And she wasn't talking about Legend status. Americans don't have that category. She was talking about coaches as normal inductees.

Also all the big changes of the last 20 odd years have been direct copies of what the NFL and other American sports have done first, ie the draft, the salary cap, the collective bargaining agreement with the players, the splitting up of TV rights from one network to many, the jazzing up of GF entertainment, the HOF, etc etc.

Baseball HOF was set up in 1936 and in 1937 Connie Mack and John McGraw were inducted. Mack was a coach from 1894 to 1950, and McGraw 1899 to 1932.
http://web.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers/

Code:
Alston, Walter Los Angeles Dodgers    Manager    1983
Anderson, Sparky Detroit Tigers            Manager    2000
Durocher, Leo Brooklyn Dodgers            Manager    1994
Foster, Rube Chicago American Giants    Manager    1981
Hanlon, Ned Baltimore Orioles (National League)    Manager    1996
Harris, Bucky Washington Senators    Manager    1975
Huggins, Miller New York Yankees    Manager    1964
Lasorda, Tommy Los Angeles Dodgers    Manager    1997
Lopez, Al Chicago White Sox            Manager 1977
Mack, Connie Philadelphia Athletics     Manager    1937
McCarthy, Joe New York Yankees          Manager    1957
McGraw, John New York Giants            Manager    1937
McKechnie, Bill Cincinnati Reds            Manager    1962
Robinson, Wilbert Brooklyn Dodgers    Manager    1945
Selee, Frank Boston Beaneaters (Braves)    Manager    1999
Stengel, Casey New York Yankees            Manager    1966
Weaver, Earl Baltimore Orioles            Manager    1996
They are a bit tough with the induction of coaches. The rules are "The Veterans Committee considers those players whose careers concluded no later than 21 seasons ago, along with managers, umpires and executives. Rules for the BBWAA election are listed below." Players have to be retired 5 years and there last season has to be within 20 years of the induction year. There are over 220 player in the HOF.

Doesn't Caro realise that a manager in baseball is a coach??

The same with the NFL. Their HOF started in 1963. Players and coaches have to wait 5 years after retirement. There are over 200 players and 21 coaches
http://www.profootballhof.com/

Code:
COACHES (21)
George Allen 1966-1977 
Paul Brown 1946-1962 
Guy Chamberlin # 1922-1927 
Jimmy Conzelman # 1921-30, 1940-42, 1946-48 
Weeb Ewbank 1954-1973 
Ray Flaherty # 1936-1949 
Joe Gibbs 1981-1992 
Sid Gillman 1955-1969, 1971-1974 
Bud Grant 1967-1983, 1985 
George Halas # 1920-29, 1933-42, 1946-67 
Earl (Curly) Lambeau # 1919-1953 
Tom Landry 1960-1988 
Marv Levy 1978-1982, 1986-1997 
Vince Lombardi 1959-1967, 1969 
John Madden 1969-1978 
Earle (Greasy) Neale 1941-1950 
Chuck Noll 1969-1991 
Steve Owen # 1930-1953 
Don Shula 1963-1995 
Hank Stram 1960-1974, 1976-1977 
Bill Walsh 1979-1988
Then there is the Basketball HOF that has 134 players and 80 coaches
http://www.hoophall.com/

And the Ice Hockey HOF which has 238 players, 96 builders which includes coaches and 14 referees/linesmen. They refer to all their inductees as legends. There is one Australian born player in this HOF, Tommy Dunderdale . Born 1887, got to Canada in 1904 and played from 1906 to 1924.

http://www.hhof.com/

It is unbelievable to me, that a so called sports journalist who is on the selection committee of the Australian Fooball Hall of Fame is so ignorant about other HOF in the country that invented them. Hutchy is just as bad.

Every time she is asked about the criteria for selection in our HOF she fudges it and can't remember. She always struggles with the criteria.

I'll give you a tip Caro. If you know what the CSIRO is then you can use this word association as a memory jog. Think of CSIRA. Character, Sportsmanship, Integrity, Record and Ability.

Does Caro possess enough of these characteristics to be on the selection panel? In the USA and Canada it is the sportswriters that are the major judges of candidates for induction in the HOF. They see it as a great honour and they all know the criteria backwards. Not like the footy journo's on our HOF selection panel.

You have way too much time on your hands!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back