Practice Matches

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon fingy, you have been potting wandin from day dot thought you would be wrapped with there recruiting after all they have certainly helped your interleague aspirations this over the last two years!(Seems that is The Only sides barrow you want to push!) would like you to compare Belgrave and upweys clearance list not to dissimilar I would of thought? In more relevent news mt ev beat coldstream by 4 goals yesterday
Upweys nothing like Wandins 28 clearances 15 are under 18's 6 are away from the club,3 are VFL/TAC permits and the other 3 are players returning home and 1 the Rory Sloane error

How did Olinda go over the weekend Tess? Heard they were playing Montrose.

And what about Woori - heard they were playing Silvan?

What about Warby? Any games.

Good on Wandin I say. From a club that was really struggling a few years ago now would have plenty of excitment around the place for the upcoming season. There are a number of clubs that could only dream about attracting that amount of new players. The one question i do have about that many new faces is how does the points system work? Can they all play in the one team together? Maybe you can help me out Monniehawk or TeeS?

Good on Wandin I say. From a club that was really struggling a few years ago now would have plenty of excitment around the place for the upcoming season. There are a number of clubs that could only dream about attracting that amount of new players. The one question i do have about that many new faces is how does the points system work? Can they all play in the one team together? Maybe you can help me out Monniehawk or TeeS?

Clubs will have a maximum of 32 points allowed to take the field in their Senior team each week.
1 Point
. Local player
. player who played with the DRJFL . player returning to former or original club . player registered with your club as at 31/8/11
2 Points
. All VCFL players . VAFA players . All VIC Metro players
. includes players from other YVMDFL clubs . Regardless of Grade . Regardless of Division
3 Points
. State League players . TAC Cup players
. VFL, SANFL, WAFL, AFL NSW/ACT/NT/AFLQ
4 Points
. AFL players

How did Olinda go over the weekend Tess? Heard they were playing Montrose.

And what about Woori - heard they were playing Silvan?

What about Warby? Any games.

Played 1s and 2s v Montrose at Gembrook JFC ground. Thanks to the club for allowing us the oval use as our game at Olinda was disallowed at the last minute as the wicket couldn't be covered in time. The ground itself was in really good nick and I'd forgotten that it was a pretty decent size, so all were really pleased. Both teams had great hitouts, both Olinda teams lost by a few goals each. 3rd year in a row we've had Montrose and all three games have been terrific hitouts played in excellent spirit. Really hope we can continue on with it for years to come. The Montrose boys are good blokes !!! Brett Johnson is playing coach of Montrose and looks extremely classy, I suppose as you would if you were a fairly recent Liston Medalist...

If you ever want to know anything about YV administration, Upwey Fans your man. Absolutely the best in the business, makes the rest of us look fairly ordinary...

I went to Emerald last Friday to watch the match between Emerald and Belgrave. For the conditions i think it was a great game and not a bad standard. Emerald look like they would blow it out early but Belgrave's second quarter was huge and went in up at half time. Was fairly even for the second half but was pretty scrappy due to the weather. Going off what i saw i think Belgrave will be right up there in 2nd div. They have picked up a really good ruckman, I think he came from Ringwood with another on baller, but he looked really good. Mitch Collins kicked 5 in the wet and looked very handy.

Will interesting to see the results after this Friday, Belgrave v Heathmont after Heathmont got beat pretty easterly by Wandin.

Hughson had a great game for someone that was a potential retirement. Team as a whole looked very fit - not too good with the names but some of their smaller midfielders did a great job switching the ball around. Wragg wrapped up Nick Tennant for most of the match - it looked like their own mini vets match up one end!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, MIW.
I wonder if both sides were near full strength.
I see Healsville played Ringwood the week before. Any result on that game?
Did Healsville field unders? They have been looking for kids to fill a side.

Thanks, MIW.
I wonder if both sides were near full strength.
I see Healsville played Ringwood the week before. Any result on that game?
Did Healsville field unders? They have been looking for kids to fill a side.

MIW not criticising your maths but from what I saw at the end of the game it was more like 11+goals on Glenny James' Board. Not having a dig just leetting people know what it actually was.
I counted 6 of Monbulks best 22 not playing, that if fit, were not on holidays or didnt have work would be playing. We all know this is the usual during praccy match time. Taj Ringwood prob in the same boat.

Going out on a limb as have only seen 3qtrs of footy for the preseason but depth looks a little better than last year at the log cabin.

No probs at all - I glanced at the board early in 4th quarter and was the last I remember. I promise - we do better with the voting! :)

Yarra Junction played Lilydale at Junction on the weekend. Anyone know results?
It was actually Yarra Junction vs Mt Lilydale (D4 lowest division VAFA). Game got moved to Warburton due to pitch not covered. First 4 qtrs would have been close to a draw. Gavin Green (coach) took senior players off for last two qtrs and played the reserves. Jason DeGraf played last two qtrs for Junction. Looked as good as ever. He will no doubt play this year. Junction would have had to kick 13 or more goals in last two qtrs to 0.
Coming from Mt Lilydale Yarra Glen look the goods. We played Alexandra the week after and copped a hiding. Junction have some big losses. Even seeing Josh Hin on the sidelines watching and saying he wont play this year makes you wonder.
Good luck to all for a big 2012.

Mooroolbark V Wandin last night, Huge crowd and quality to game to match. Look out they are going alright ! Not sure who number 9 is for Wandin, but looks the goods

According to Mooroolbarks website they thumped Olinda with a very undermanned side on Sat? Big ask to back it up on the Wednesday?

Having said that early signs from Wandin appear to be VERY good. They have beaten two sides very easy (Heathmont and Mooroolbark) who other sides in Y/V struggled against. Emerald did beat Heathmont by a goal or two (but wandin won by about 80 points) and Olinda V M/Bark.

Could easily be the flag favs at this early stage.... IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back