Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Smegger

Club Legend
May 19, 2016
place without a postcard
AFL Club
Carlton
One of my fondest memories of cars during childhood was going to country footy and parking around the oval. Play junior colts then stay the rest of the day watching senior colts, B grade and the mighty A graders. It was footy's version of the drive-ins but remember, park behind goals at your own risk. Eskies, picnic baskets, thermos and we ALWAYS had a footy in the boot for kick to kick!

Here is a thread to post anything about our cars, bikes, etc. Past, present and future (wish list).

Thought i'd start it off with a pic i posted before of Aph's car. :p

ferrari.jpg

my old citroen c4 was apparently one of the safer cars to be hit by, the headlights popped out sideways, the wipers were of a soft rubber with no metal brackets and the hood was not much tougher than a few sheets of alfoil - kids, if you must be run down as a pedestrian, make it a citroen c4 - your folks will love you for it!

TBH Eskie, i wasn't aware of them (had to McGoogle).

Like this?
View attachment 703519

Don't think cops would be too keen on them mirrors these days. ;)
Was a whitish colour...dirty white infact
It was semi automatic did a big lunge between 2nd and 3rd....whip lash was hilarious ...
When I bought it drove one block from the car yard, at the lights on Bell street it conked out, fmd
We pushed it around the corner rang the car yard anyway turns out it was out of petrol

this was in the 80’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back