Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the area immediately around the stadium could do with more options than just The Camfield but it's hard to justify when the area is dead outside game day. All the popular spots like The Royal and The Bright Tank are over the river (so in that sense, it's not good if you're walking from Adelaide Tce)

Instead old mate croweater goes on about how the bridge is too narrow and you zigzag too much to get to an escalator

I attended Optus for the first time over the weekend and was impressed.

Extremely easy to get to from the city on the train. I thought the signage was clear and inside and outside the ground was simple to get around. Had seats on the top level and they were pretty good.

The only complaint I had was that the beer was terrible.

Extremely easy to get to from the city on the train. I thought the signage was clear and inside and outside the ground was simple to get around. Had seats on the top level and they were pretty good.

Which one did you have though?

Side Track is delicious.

Beer is terrible, its that Gage roads rubbish. Our main stadium and we can't get a swan draught in WA. Unbelievable.

Last time I checked Swan and Emu are made in Adelaide these days, they're not even a WA beer now. Better to have an actual WA Brewery selling WA made beer in our stadium.

Last time I checked Swan and Emu are made in Adelaide these days, they're not even a WA beer now. Better to have an actual WA Brewery selling WA made beer in our stadium.

The public should have the same rights as the corporate boxes do, drink what beer they like. All beers should be on sale at the stadium.

The general public haven't been trusted full strength beer OR cans / bottles since I think a game at the WACA in 1991/1992 (either Eagles or WA State of Origin) where full cans of beer were thrown at umpires OR the opposition by some inebriated idiots - I can't remember which.

The signage at Optus is way better than no signage at Marvel. Trying to find your seat for an out of stater like me is a nightmare. The ramps turn into a vortex which spit you out on the wrong side of the bloody ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gage Roads tastes *in horrible, reckon it's one of about four beers I just won't touch and I've had a dalliance with the whole craft thing and now just drink simple stuff. tastes like dishwater, has that recurring taste lots of decent breweries have but the taste theirs have is...

Also who is still persisting with this dumb hazy s**t anymore, more and more people are drinking simpler stuff. Guinness is booming.

Gage Roads tastes *in horrible, reckon it's one of about four beers I just won't touch and I've had a dalliance with the whole craft thing and now just drink simple stuff. tastes like dishwater, has that recurring taste lots of decent breweries have but the taste theirs have is...
I'm soo unfussy with beer but dear god so much this, it's like it has been watered it down with some fruit juice or something.

Absolutely awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back