Katthawk

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I am not new to the world of shares and investments. Just so you don't explain the world of buying and selling etc.

The questions are:

What are your experiences with trading online? Do you have preferences with whom you deal with? How much to you pay per trade if anything? etc.

I am not convinced enough to do it but I would like to hear about it.

Thankyou all. :)

I have used a few over my time

Westpac Broking - it *was* cheap, but it was always heavily overloaded and on some occasions you would not be able to get in due to the server having too many users. Also slow to put orders 'on market'

Quickbroker - Too much messing around for my liking

St George Quicktrade - Not bad, but became expensive

TD Waterhouse - Probably the best I had used, but like the rest upped their prices, now taken over by CommSec.

On the whole it seems most people use CommSec or ETrade, but CommSec is not cheap unless you have one of their Cash Management accounts to settle trades from

Go to YourBroker which lists all the brokers and current prices per trade (which will vary depending on how much $$$ you're spending)

Another question.

Do you have to open a separate account or can you transfer from your own account if you are online already?

That is to say, I am not keen on online banking but if there was a way to shuffle money around instantly to make trades.

See, I need more advice.

Tnanks NS.

Originally posted by Katthawk
Another question.

Do you have to open a separate account or can you transfer from your own account if you are online already?

That is to say, I am not keen on online banking but if there was a way to shuffle money around instantly to make trades.

See, I need more advice.

Tnanks NS.

Depends on the broker, some will do it, others will insist you have a separate account with them.

Go to that yourbroker site, it should help

Originally posted by brampta
ANZ E*Trade is the only one I've had much to do with because I work for the bank, but I haven't had the money to start playing around with it all

I wonder if you would feel comfy imparting some 'free' advice then? Just kidding.

However, given that banks in general will honour false transactions on a credit card for online transactions, how does that go with trading?

In other words, if someone was to get into your online trading account, and 'steal' your money, yet you had already spent it, could they reimburse you, or at least guarantee that you had it to spend. How does that work with the shares already 'bought' by you?

If you don't understand what I mean I shall try to explain it again if needs be?

These are blind questions by the way but I hope useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back