Mighty East Freo Sharks
Thought this bloke deserves a thread.
moz-screenshot.jpg
2008_BrentConnelly_med.jpg

Brent Connelly

Height: 202cm
Weight: 83kg
D.O.B: 24-02-1989

A promising ruckman and key forward, Brent was selected by Fremantle with its first selection (No. 6 overall) in the 2007 NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

A consistent tap ruckman and smart leading forward, Brent also offers himself to be a valuable addition through the midfield when performing ruck duties by becoming a creative link option.

He will also put on 15kg and grow 4cm over the off season and become fremantles emerging ruck talent. He will carry perth to the 2009 WAFL Grand final only to, dispite a BOG performance, watch his team go down to the Mighty Sharks :thumbsu:

If Connelly keeps developing I can see him being used as trade bait in a few years. Clarke looks to have oodles of potential so unless Connelly turns out to be something special I can see him being left out in the cold somewhat.

But that's ok. Ruckmen are always in demand and you can do some tidy business drafting raw skinny ruckmen in the rookie draft, developing them, then selling them off for much more than you paid. Buy low, sell high. The opposite of the esteemed Schwab/CC model of trading.

Brisbane have been doing very nicely for themselves in the last decade drafting more ruckmen than they need then pawning them off to desperate Vic clubs. I'd like to see us make it a policy that we always have one scrawny developing ruckman on the rookie list at all times. If worst comes to worst and they turn out to be a complete log we can always palm them off to the worst judge of ruckmen in Australia - Mick Malthouse.

Sadly for my buddy It looks like he'll have to start dominating for the demons this season to prove he's worth keeping on. i think if he beefs up, his 202cm would make him an excellent ruckman/forward.

just wondering if anyone knows what his pace/tank is like. heard that his got short legs so should be pretty hard to knock over.

i often wondered if he was related to chris, the former coach

if so, it would continue freo's long running tradition of picking players related to the coaching staff:

marcus drum
tim neesham

Can someone give an up date on the big fella? What are his options now that Zac Clarke has jumped ahead of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back