Number 27 - Daniel Gilmore

Remove this Banner Ad

daniel-gilmore.jpg

How's he travelling folks? Have your mob started training yet? If so, does he look in good shape and do you think he'll be a regular starter next year?

A reply would be much appreciated.

He's returning from a potentially serious head injury but I believe he's in full training. I doubt he'd be a regular next year though, let alone starting.

Bradley's solid form last year would have him as the 2nd choice ruck behind Sandilands. And Gilmore would be behind Mundy (if he plays back), Dodd, Drum and Thornton as a medium defender. Given that we'll most likely be promoting youth next year, I don't see him getting many games unless injury strikes.

I see him as a better midfield prospect than anything, Ogre. The way he used to tuck the ball under his arm and break tackles in 2007 was one of the highlights for me. He's worth giving a shot in the midfield rotation in the pre season at least, if he doesn't fire then no harm done, but he could be a revelation. If he gets some confidence, like he did in 2007, look out.

The practise games are over and Daniel played in the last three games. I haven't seen him play so therefore I've been reliant on other people's observations from within and without the Club. Not to mention what has been written in print and on line.
One thing for sure he has done a great job at being some sought of an enigma.
On one hand he is bagged relentlessly from some of the supporters while others see him exactly opposite.

The last three games he is mentioned in the best players, yet he also gets tagged as the worst footballer you could imagine.

What i've noticed over the years is whenever he makes a mistake he gets trashed unmercifully by a large section of the supporters, yet someone else can make a comparable mistake and it like 'oh ok' we forgive him.

The fact that Harvey has given him three games on the trot in a relatively settled position tells me the Club might finally see him as a positional player instead of some sought of bit part player.

I'm looking forward to seeing him up and running in round one. If he has the backing of the coaching staff which it looks as though he does and has a pretty good round #1 game then this could be the year that he finally gets the respect he deserves.

Mind you I wont be holding my breath waiting for poison pens to give any credit, ever, but I reckon there are enough fair minded people who will see him for what he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back