Toast Northball

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it would be insane to change the game style now. Clarko is going to persist. We’ll get big scores kicked against us by every half decent team we play but when we play other bottom 6 sides we will kick enough goals to beat some of them.

Whether this is the best way to go with a young team that has been historically bad I have no idea. At least we’re scoring I guess. Adelaide kicking 4.10 and WC 3.12…

Yeah it would be insane to change the game style now. Clarko is going to persist. We’ll get big scores kicked against us by every half decent team we play but when we play other bottom 6 sides we will kick enough goals to beat some of them.

Whether this is the best way to go with a young team that has been historically bad I have no idea. At least we’re scoring I guess. Adelaide kicking 4.10 and WC 3.12…
Ultimately you have to be able to kick winning scores and premierships are generally won with higher scores, ross lyons teams never won one,

I don't blame him entirely. He got thrown in to try and reproduce what Boomer did but how do you reproduce numbers similar to a player that was still in elite/career-best form?

It was stupid reasoning and list management suicide. Shame on Brad and his henchmen. They can spew 'putting the club first and playing young players' but if they were putting the club first they should've given Boomer another year. The club needed him moreso than he needed us.

Brad's legacy isn't the prelim finishes. It was the corporatism of this footy club (the club itself is also to blame too) and the neglect of cracks forming in the footy department.

If we are not putting everything we can into footy, we don't have the hunger for a premiership. They don't come just by being good blokes.

I'm glad they've made some changes and their intentions are clear on getting silverware, but the only way you get bums on seats is success on the footy field. The supporters have been through a lot of heartache, the club needs to convince us now. Especially when we are only getting 7 home games and the variable chance of getting a replacement game reserved seat.

I always felt after the massive drop off in 2016, Brad used these forced retirements as a scapegoat to cover for his own poor performance.

Yes we had injuries, but the drop off was significant and unacceptable.

Drew was done, Spud probably was too, but NDS and certainly Boomer should have been kept another year.